Chapter 2

To get married just for sex seemed like the stupidest decision one could make, because why marry simply for physical pleasure at such a young age? To finally kill her curiosity and see what it feels like to have intercorse, or even have an orgasm that she was too scared to try achieving on her own. 

It was absolute nonsense. 

Stupidity. 

A meaningless idea that could turn her whole world upside down. 

Or just maybe, right side up. 

It was complete insanity, yet she couldn't get the idea out of her head. 

"Let's get married." 

"Technically we wouldn't be sinning and wouldn't have our parents dictating our lives."

"But it doesn't sound like you're saying no."

And she wasn't. Because with everything going on in her life, it felt like the most sane choice to make. 

"Ms.Jung?!" 

Hyunji practically jumped in her seat at the sound of Mr.Kim, the senior year chemistry teacher calling her name from the front of the class. He and everyone else stared her way, even Jungkook from his seat diagonal to hers a few rows up. 

"I'm guessing that you wouldn't happen to know the answer to the question here since you chose to think it's a great time to daydream, Ms.Jung." 

Hyunji's cheeks redden as embarrassment sinks in her stomach. She still glances at the board, and musters up the answer quickly. 

"We would have to multiply the grams of magnesium by the molar mass, and then by Avogadro's number to achieve the number of atoms in the cube." 

"And what is Avogadro's number exactly?" 

Hyunji hesitates for a moment, trying to brush off the fact that everyone was staring at her. 

"Six times ten to the power of 23" 

"Let's save the daydreaming for later, alright?" 

Hyunji nods and sinks back into her seat. 

°○°•°

Hyunji swings her locker door open, pushing out a tired breath of air as she places her chemistry book inside and instead of leaving for the cafeteria like she usually would, she rests her head against the frame of her locker and shuts her eyes. 

But of course her moment of silence is interrupted. 

"Hyunji? You alright there?" 

Her eyes flutter open to a pair of almond eyes staring at her worriedly. 

"Yup, I'm fine. Just didn't get much sleep." 

"Oh, poor thing," Sumni frowns, patting her back. "We can go to the library instead, so you can get some rest." 

Hyungi shook her head and finally lifted her weight from her locker frame. 

"I'll be alright. I'm starving anyways." She answers and her best friend nods while her eyes trail to a group of boys talking and greeting one of their friends. 

Jungkook's greeted by his friends with a quick bro shake, falling into a quick conversation with them before his eyes fall onto the ones gazing at him from afar. They lock eyes for a moment and then Hyunji is quick to look away, still catching him say bye to his friends before making his way towards their direction. 

"Hey, Ji, Sumni." He gives her best friend a quick nod and smile, which she returns with a bit of confusion. "How are you both?" 

"Okay,"

"Good, yourself?" Sumni replies right after Hyunji, giving her weird glances, as if asking why he had showed up so randomly. 

"Good, good." He answers before directing his attention to Hyunji. "I was actually hoping to ask you something real quick."

Hyunji raises a brow and shares glances with Sumni. 

"Okay?"

Jungkook looks at Sumni, who then catches on. 

"Um, I'll be in the caf. You know where to find me." She says before walking away and Jungkook waits still she's out of reach before turning back to Hyunji who's still very much confused. 

He leans his side against the locker next to hers. 

"So have you thought about it?" 

"So you really are serious." Hyunji sighs, and Jungkook crosses his arms. 

"One hundred percent." 

"It just isn't right. Our parents would hate us—" 

"Is that you saying yes, Ji?" 

Hyunji squeezes her eyes and sucks in a breath. 

"No it's not, but I'm not exactly saying no either." She says, avoiding his gaze. "I just don't think we'd survive long, there's so much to think about." 

"See, this is what you're issue is. You're overthinking everything." He sighs, lifting his weight off the locker and stepping a bit closer, tilting her head up to him. "And you're not thinking about what you want." He leans in closer, eyeing her lips as her breath stops for a moment. "I have a feeling I know what you want, and your fear of change is what's holding you back." 

He lets go of her chin and finally takes a step back, and she's finally able to fill her lungs with air. 

"I'm never going to force you into anything, but I believe this is the best choice for the both of us. Just tell me no, and I'll leave you alone and we'll be back to normal. Yes, and well, I'd say meet me in the courtyard tomorrow and we can discuss some important things." 

Jungkook watches her as he finishes speaking, observing how she was looking away, chewing on her bottom lip. He sucks in a breath and smiles. 

"Well then Ji, I'm guessing this means I'll be seeing you next Sunday again." Jungkook begins taking a step back towards the cafeteria, getting his answer "I'm dying to know what else your bookshelf hides." 

He shoots her a last playful grin before turning on his heels, about to disappear with the crowd, but the call of his name catches his attention immediately. 

"Okay, let's do it." 

He grins to himself. 

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Don't be too late, Ji, I'll be waiting."