Chapter 6

“All done with this one too?” 

Hyunji looks over her shoulder to find Jungkook standing there, watching her hang her last piece of clothing on her side of the closet. She notices that he was referring to her suitcase that now remained empty on the floor. 

“Yup,” she hums and she watches as he folds the suitcase over to zip it up and then push it to the corner where they had left the others. 

He dusts his hands and turns towards her. 

“We got all the important stuff done right?” 

“I would say so.” she nods, closing the glass door of the large closet they now share. “We should leave soon too, before it gets late.” 

Jungkook tilts his head. 

“It’s just three pm. Aren’t your parents coming back around six?” 

Hyunji sighs in defeat. 

“I know, it’s just…” she purses her lips, looking away for a moment, “I don’t know.” 

Jungkook notices the slight worry spread across her features as she tries to hide them, but he’s soon stepping towards her. 

“Hey, what’s bothering you?” he asks softly, catching her dark almond eyes, and Hyunji's shaking her head. 

“It’s nothing.”

“Well, it’s clearly something.” he answers, “You don’t have to tell me, but I sure would like to know if there’s something bothering my fiance.” 

He cracks a smile, and watches as she does too at his choice of words. And this time she gives in, hoping that talking about it might help ease the building storm inside of her. 

“I’m just starting to feel nervous I guess, that’s all.” she answers this time, looking away for a moment. “I’m scared of what’s going to happen, and I have a feeling nothing’s going to be the same after tomorrow.” 

Jungkook nods in understanding. 

“That’s totally understandable. What we’re doing isn’t exactly something any parent would be happy about,” they lock eyes for a moment “But Ji, you have to understand that we’re also doing this because we don’t want this life anymore. We’re choosing to make this change, unless of course you don’t think it’s something you want anymore, which is completely fine by me.” Jungkook continues, his hands shoved into his jean pockets now as he speaks. He gives her a genuine look of reassurance, and if it were the case that she wanted to back out, he made her feel comfortable to do so. 

Hyunji purses her lips and looks away for a moment. 

“I do want this,” she sighs right after, brushing her hair back, flickering her eyes up to him. “Like I said, I’m just anxious I guess.” 

“Which is totally okay.” he gives her a reassuring smile, “But no matter what happens, I’ll be there for you, I promise.” 

Hyunji looks up at him with her innocent round eyes, feeling a pool of warmth grow in her chest from his words.

“Thank you,” 

“That’s what husbands are for.” he shrugs, to which he gets a shove in his arm by her, the both of them back to their usual selves now as his lips spread into a large grin. 

“We’re not married yet,” Hyunji playfully scoffs. 

“Keyword, yet, darling.” Jungkook grins cheekily as she cringes at the pet name. 

“Alrighty then, darling is off the list. I guess I’ll have to think of something else, honey boo.” 

“Oh my gosh, stop,” Hyunji groans as she hears Jungkook snicker as she begins to walk away towards their couch across from the bed.