Chapter 7

Tires came to a slow stop, and the engine turned off. Both sides of the car’s doors opened as both passengers stepped down from the black sedan, Hyunji joining Jungkook on his side of the vehicle. 

They both glance at each other, Hyunji letting out a quiet breath of air to calm her rising nerves. 

Jungkook reaches out a hand, his hair parted with a white button up and navy-almost black- slacks, a small smile curving at his lips as Hyunji’s simple white dress flows in the breeze. 

“Are you ready for this? He asks, and Hyunji glances down at his outstretched hand, her heart pounding in her chest before glancing back up into his soft doe eyes. 

She swallows the lump of anxiety building in her throat, hoping it would help in some way. It doesn’t, but she finds herself intertwining their hands either way. 

“I’m ready.” 

She wasn’t, and she didn’t think she ever would be as they both stepped towards the city hall towering over them both. 

The entire process felt like it had never happened; all the documents they had signed, the questions they were asked, and the nervous minutes they waited for their marriage to be registered and legalised. It was till they were now walking out of the automatic doors of the city hall did Hyunji feel like she could breathe again. 

She stares down at the envelope that she carried, it almost feeling heavy with the disaster it was about to cause. 

She felt Jungkook turn his gaze to her momentarily as they walked towards his brother’s company car that he would be borrowing for a bit in the parking lot, clearly about to say something. 

“We did it.” 

“Yeah we did.” Hyunji exhales. 

“You don’t regret it, do you?” 

His words catch Hyunji by surprise, and she looks up at him, seeing a flash of concern. 

“No, Jungkook. We both agreed to this. I don’t regret it.” 

“Alright.” 

They arrive at the waiting car, Jungkook unlocking it as soon as they get near enough, and they both get in. Hyunji instinctively puts on her seatbelt and is surprised when she’s met with Jungkook holding onto a single rose while in the driver's seat. 

Her lips part open in surprise as her eyes flicker from the delicate flower and then to him. 

“Um, I got this for you,” he begins a sheepish look spread across his features as he reaches it out towards her. “You can’t be a bride without your flowers.” 

Hyunji’s eyes soften, touched by the action as she takes the rose from him. 

“Well, I guess flower in this case.” he mutters right after while rubbing his nape.

“Thank you,” Hyunji breathes in the scent of the flower, briefly fluttering her eyes shut. 

“You didn’t have to.” 

Jungkook smiles. 

“I know, but I wanted to.” 

She looks up at him, pursing her lips. 

“This is the first time a guy got me flowers.” 

He gives her a genuine smile, his eyes soft, understanding that this meant a lot to her. 

“Well, as your husband, I’m glad I’m your first.” 

《♡》

The bell over their heads lets out a delicate ring as the newlyweds walk into a cafe that Jungkook admits he was very familiar with since he loved their muffins. He holds the door open for Hyunji and lets the door close behind him as he follows her inside, watching as Hyunji’s eyes wander around the cute shop with multiple tables and delights in view across from the entrance.