Chapter 17

Hyunji's alarm goes off, the irritating sound blaring out into the room as soon as it hits seven AM in the morning.

She flutters her eyes open in annoyance as she attempts to reach over to the nightstand for her phone, a groan heard from behind her along with a shift under the covers.

Once the alarm is turned off, she looks over her shoulder to see Jungkook's back to her, the covers pulled all the way up to his shoulder. Clearly he was still sleeping, like every other day that her alarm went off.

It was like he slept in an alternate universe with no capability of hearing the annoying tune that was her morning alarm. And like every morning, she drags herself out of bed first to head to the washroom and freshen up, since Jungkook claimed that he was quick and could therefore wake up later.

In a way, there was no lie there. But today seemed to be an exception.

"Jungkookkkk, c'mon, we're going to be late." Hyunji calls, finding herself standing on his side of the bed since he seemed to ignore her previously calling out his name every few minutes while she got ready.

"I just want to sleep in," he groaned, his eyes squeezed shut as he attempted to melt further into their comfortable sheets and block her off.

"We have school,"

"I don't care."

"Jungkook,"

She watched him throw the covers over his head and groan, still trying to go back to sleep and ignore her.

"Get up~" Hyunji whined, growing tired.

"Let's just skip school." she heard him grumble under the sheets.

"We have a test."

"We can take it tomorrow."

"I'm already ready!" This time Jungkook doesn't even bother to answer, annoying Hyunji further until she's instinctively grabbing the pillow next to him and whacking it onto his duvet covered head, not once but twice without giving it a second thought.

A second goes by and Hyunji watches him throw the covers off, staring back at her now wide awake with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh you just started war,"

Before Hyunji could even react to tell him to just get up and get ready, she's pulled into the bed, a gasp leaving her lips. And before she knew it, she attempts to block his blows with her own pillow while giggling in between, crying for him to stop although she was lowkey enjoying the moment. But then her own pillow is ripped out of her hands and thrown aside, Jungkook now straddling her waist with his pillow ready for another blow.

She looks up at him with wide eyes and braces herself with her arms.

"This," he whacks her head without hurting her, "is what you get," he hits her with her pillow at least another few times before Hyunji finally smartens up and grabs onto his pillow, attempting to take it away from him, only for them to be wrestling for it instead. That is until she's wrapping her arms around his torso, causing him to lose his balance and fall into the sheets next to her.

On purpose of course.

The pillow had fallen to the side and Hyunji had managed to grab his wrists and pin them against the mattress, her lips parted as she tries to regulate her breaths, her hair now disheveled while Jungkook can't help but grin up at her.

"Alright, you win," he breaks the silence, his eyes gazing into hers as she realizes the position she had put them in. His usually well kept hair was fluffed up and sticking up in random places with, his features still slightly swollen from sleep. His lips were curved at the edges giving a gentle smile with small specs of facial hair peeking through over his upper lip.