Chapter 19

A shiver spread along Jungkook's skin, the absence of the duvet once covering him making itself known as he internally groans at the goosebumps that had formed across his arms as he lay curled up and hugging himself. 

He was willing to bet all his money that Hyunji had hogged the entire duvet once more. And it definitely was not the first time that night, and he knew for a fact that it wouldn't be the last if he were to go back to sleep, which he was planning on doing anyway. Yet, as much as he was craving the warmth of their thick blanket, the laziness from his sleep being disturbed remained as he lay with his eyes still shut. A moment later he reaches back his arm, feeling her body covered with the stolen duvet as expected and tugs on it gently, only for it not to extend far enough to cover his entire body.

He buries his face into the pillow and sighs.

Fuck

At first he found it cute, seeing her all curled up in the blankets in the middle of the night as she slept innocently and all. But with the number of times his sleep had been disrupted due to the cool temperature of their room as he was left stripped of his share of their duvet, it was becoming anything but cute, and he was getting this close to lecturing her in the middle of the night about hogging the entire blanket.

How does one even do such a thing? They shared a fucking king sized bed for fucks sake.

Once giving the duvet one last weak tug, he groans to himself and rolls onto his back, finally allowing his eyes to open and squint at the sun that poured into their room. It felt too early to be woken up, but clearly sleep hadn't been on his side for a week now.

His eyes drift to Hyunji's figure curled comfortably among the sheets on her side of the bed, her back turned to him as her hair trailed along her pillow.

Fuck, if the blanket wouldn't come to him, he'd come to the blanket.

With minimal effort, he forces himself closer towards Hyunji until she's within inches of him and her duvet was finally able to extend over his body and block off the cool air.

"What are you doing?" Hyunji's tired voice was a little raspier than usual, her head slightly tilting back towards him as she sensed the proximity of his body to her.

"You stole the fucking duvet again." he grumbles, his body covered beneath the sheets up to his chin as he waits to warm up.

"Oh," she mutters, "sorry."

Sorry wasn't enough, but Jungkook was too sleepy to care, and within the next few minutes they both drift back to sleep.

- - -

"Get up, it's almost twelve."

Jungkook feels the weak shove on his arm, but chooses to ignore it as he lays comfortably under the sheets.

"It's Saturday." he shoots back, refusing to open his eyes.

"We're gonna miss lunch," Hyunji grumbles, no different than Jungkook as she lay curled up under the sheets too.

"We're gonna miss it anyway,"

"Not if we get up,"

"You get up then."

Hyunji remains silent this time as she flutters her heavy eyes shut.

To be quite honest she didn't care too much for missing the hotel's lunch service. She would much rather keep laying in bed for a while, but she knew that if they kept that up they'd be sleeping around all day.

And that wasn't the best way to spend their first weekend.

But the couple find themselves sleeping in for a little bit more, using the excuse of the weekend as an opportunity to be lazy for a little bit before the school days come around again. Eventually Hyunji finds the energy to get up and freshen up before forcing Jungkook out of bed too so that they could at least eat something and sort out their day. So they gathered the few things they could to make some sort of lunch before agreeing on heading to the carnival in town before it got too late.

Jungkook shoves his phone into his pocket as he finally shuts their front door, Hyunji busy rearranging things in her purse as they begin walking towards the elevators.

He was feeling lazier than usual that day, barely having the mental energy to drag himself out of the house, but for the sake of having promised her a day spent at the carnival, he knew it would be disappointing to cancel just because he felt like laying around.

"What kinda rides are there?" He hears her ask, closing her purse and finally turning her attention to him.

"Just the usual. The ferris wheel, the super spinny disco dance thingy, a small roller coaster, etcetera." he answers and presses the button to the elevator. "You scared of rides?"

Hyunji shakes her head, her almond eyes briefly looking up at him.

"Not really,"

He smiles this time, the elevator doors sliding open.

"Perfect."

- - -

A tired sigh escapes Hyunji's lips. The sun was barely setting and they had been there for just about two hours now, moving from ride to ride, doing some multiple times and slipping in some snacks in between to fuel their adrenaline.

Well, in Jungkook's case, everything that they had eaten was spilling into the trashcan he was now leaning over, Hyunji's nose wrinkling in disgust once hearing him hurl once more.

He spits one last time, his face now pale as his eyes glance up, clearly still feeling unwell.

"I told you not to eat so much," she sighs. He doesn't bother answering, knowing she was right and regretting having eaten so much of everything in the first place. He didn't consider that the number of times they had gone on the spinny tea cup would take such a toll on him.

Hyunji finally softens and places a gentle hand on his back as he continued to slightly lean over the trashcan in case his stomach decided it had more to spew out.

"Should we go home?"

He shakes his head.

The stubborn side of him didn't want to be the reason for them to be leaving so early.

"Just give me a few minutes." he grumbles.

"You sure? You threw everything up we should go home so you can eat something proper-"

Jungkook shakes his head once more, refusing to go home even though a nice soup would sound nice. There were still so many activities to try out before leaving.

He hears her sigh once more, clearly giving up.

"Alright, let's sit down somewhere then." she mutters and he soon follows to a set of tables before she's getting up to grab him something worth eating. 

- - - 

I'm sorry this a bit of a smaller update but the next few chapters are longer I promise :) 

Thanks for reading!