Chapter 26

The washing machine sounded a click as Jungkook pulled its door open and found the bed sheets from the previous night scrunched up and wet inside. He tugs on the sheets and piles them into his arms, the light wif of detergent reaching his nose.

He missed his clothes having the same floral scenet and made a note to check the specific brand his mother used before they left.
"Jungkook?"

Speaking of his mother...

"What are you doing, honey?"

Jungkook lookes up from where he was knelt on the ground and to his mother that stood in the doorway of the laundry room, a basket of dirty clothes in her grip.

"Oh um, nothing." he mutters, hoping his mother wouldn't question any further. But it wasn't his lucky day.

"Are those your bed sheets?"

The ones that I came on while having sex last night? Fuck yes.

"Uh, yeah. I just threw them in the wash real quick." he replies with a neutral tone, hoping she wouldn't think much to it. But when did any woman in his life ever proceed to do so?

"Why? What happened to them?"

Traumatized by last nights events.

But he couldn't say that. Nor that Hyunji pretty much fucked him until he couldn't hold any longer. So he goes with the first innocent excuse he could think of.

"Ji got her period."

"Oh," his mothers features turn to one of concern before placing the basket on the ground in front of her. "Is she doing okay? Does she need anything?"

Wow, that was easy.

Jungkook shakes his head as he pulls the door of the dryer open and places the wet sheets inside.

"She's fine." he answers, but his mother isn't satisfied enough.

"She's probably told you that so you don't worry. Let me talk to her myself."

Jungkook was on the virge of saying "okay," and letting his mother go have whatever "girl talk" with his wife, until he's reminded that Ji was indeed not on her period, not that he knew of at least, which would only throw his entire lie under the bus.

Once this realization occurs he's jumping to his feet and following his mother down the hall, to his room, to which she was almost already at his door before he sprints in front of her, blocking her way.

"Wait!"

His mother gives him a confused look as he tries to formulate any kind of possible lie.

"She went back to sleep. Let me check before you go in."

Seeing his mom take a small step back, Jungkook swallows a breath and gives her a brief smile, cracking the door open and slipping through the small space.

And god damn, was he greeted with a wonderful view.

Hyunji was bent over near his bed, her beautiful ass barely covered by the panties that had tucked themselves between her full cheeks as she was pulling her jeans up her legs.

He doesn't even notice the way he bit his lip as his eyes scanned up her body.

"Oh hey," she says, pulling the jeans over her hips and turning towards him.

He was tempted to tell her not to even bother with the button of the jeans, because he was willing to throw them back on the ground anyway. That is until he remembers the reason why he was there in the first place.

"My mom wants to make sure you're okay." He begins, stepping towards her, watching her tilt her head. He then leans forward and whispers "I told her you're on your period cause she caught me with the bed sheets."

Her lips form an "O" as she looks up at him.

"You should probably put your shirt on." He also points out, his eyes starting at her half covered chest before eventually looking away. Hyunji nods and grabs her top that was laying on the bed before pulling it over her head and briefly attempting to fix her hair in his mirror. When she's done Jungkook steps towards the door and finally lets his mom in.

"She's all yours." He mutters, before heading out of the room himself, beginning to feel the rumbles of hunger.

——

"Is he treating you alright?"

Hyunji gives Jungkook's mother a soft smile and nods as they both sit on the edge of the bed. The past few minutes consisted of her reassuring her mother in law that she was fine, and that Jungkook had provided her with everything she needed.

"I promise you, he is. You've raised your son well." She responds sweetly, but doesn't expect the feeling of gratuity that follows with her words.

Jungkook was trying to provide for her in every possible way, and they weren't even married for the right reasons. Yes they had some banter here and there, but it didn't compare to the horror stories she's heard about other people's relationships.

Was it possible they were made for each other?
Her thoughts are interrupted by the soft sigh her mother-in-law releases.

"I'm glad to hear that dear. Although I still don't approve of what you two have done, I'm glad he's taking responsibility for his actions."
Hyunji takes the elder woman's hand and squeezes it lightly.

"Thank you for trying to understand."

- - -

Helloooo everyone! I hope everyone's doing well! I know this is a random and very small update, but I had it laying around so I thought I'd finish the scene off and upload it for u guys. Something is better than nothing, right?

As for updates, they'll come and go. I've pretty much given up on writing in the sense that I don't feel obligated anymore nor do I have the time. So just wanted to get this out there for u guys, and idk when I'll be back

And as always, thanks for reading! 🥰🥰