Chapter 9

"Are you feeling better now?" 

Hyunji looked up from the tissue she had been fiddling with in silence for the past few minutes and into the eyes that stared at her softly on the park bench, having patiently waited for her cries to calm, even offering a hug (which was very much surprising by the way) that helped her feel a bit better. 

She swallowed the lump in her throat, eyes swollen and bloodshot and makeup pretty much wiped away at that point. 

“Yes.” 

Jungkook observed her features for a moment. 

“Should we go home then?” 

Home

It was odd to think that she would be living somewhere else now, but she finds the courage to nod her head slowly, chest feeling tight, but not wanting to sit there any longer. Seeing her agree, Jungkook stood up and she followed, making their way towards the car not too far away. 

Once they make it to the hotel lobby, Hyunji spots a trash can near the elevators that they were walking towards, the package of the ice cream she previously had, in her grip as they walked side by side. Jungkook presses the button to call the elevator as she throws out the ice cream packaging, knowing very well that the reason they stopped at the gas station before coming to the hotel, wasn’t because they were low on fuel like he said they were. Rather, he showed up with a popsicle for her, and a pack of gum for himself, and she had a feeling it was because he was trying to make her feel better in some way. 

And she truly appreciated his effort. 

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened, allowing for a couple with a child to step out with their suitcases, and for Jungkook and Hyunji to then step in. 

The doors close, and suddenly Hyunji feels a rush of anxiety. 

It was going to be their first night together. And she had no idea what that entailed, whether he would try and initiate something or not. 

A part of her was hoping he would.  

She briefly glances up at Jungkook who had been silent for a bit now, watching the numbers on the screen go up with each floor that they passed. 

It was one of those moments where she wished he had something to say, rather than them standing in silence, her nerves crawling up her back as a spark of excitement was ignited in the pit of her stomach. 

The elevator doors open and Jungkook lets her walk out first, following her down the hall to their room. 

“It was 501, right?” Hyunji asks as they slowly come to a stop in front of the said door, Jungkook humming a reply. She taps her phone to the lock, and the door beeps open, scanning the virtual card on her phone, and she opens the door, takes a step in and immediately comes to a stop, Jungkook running into her from behind.  

“What’s wrong-Holy shit.” 

”