Chapter 5

Jungkook: Hey, I’m here

Hyunji stares at the notification that popped up at the top of her screen, her bottom lip curling in for her to bite. She stands up from her spot on the couch, previously trying to distract herself from the anxiety pounding in her chest, to then walk towards her living room curtains, noticing the car parked right in front of her home, the tinted windows preventing her from seeing the person inside. 

Jungkook: Is the coast clear?

She begins typing this time, walking away from the window. 

Hyunji: Coast is clear. You can come in

Seconds pass and she hears the sound of a car door slamming shut, and she makes her way towards the front door, taking a few steps down from the main floor to reach it. And just as she swings her door open, she comes face to face with Jungkook, who seemed like he was about to press the bell. 

He retracts his hand from the doorbell, his lips immediately stretching into a smile. 

“Hey,” he says first. 

“Hey,” Hyunji replies with a small smile of her own. She takes a small step back letting the door fall further open “Come in.” 

Jungkook takes a step inside, taking off his shoes and skipping the three steps leading to the rest of the main floor with one big step, as if he knew her place like the back of his hand. 

And he kinda did, of course from the number of times he had been invited for dinner. 

Hyunji follows him, trailing a few steps behind till they’re standing next to the couches of the living room, the american style home making her home seem roomy. 

“So,” Jungkook begins, leaning against the armrest of a couch as Hyunji stands across from him. “Do you have everything ready? 

“Yup,” she answers, then gestures towards the stairs leading to the second floor “All my stuff is in my room. I didn’t want to bring them down in case my parents showed up.” 

“Well, we should act quickly then, in case they come back, yeah?” 

Hyunji nods in agreement and he follows her up to her room, the scene behind her bedroom door revealing several boxes loaded with stuff, and two large suitcases.

“So this is where it all began,” Jungkook sighs dramatically once they’re stepping into the familiar bedroom which looked much emptier than usual with a lot of stuff packed away. “Can you believe we’ve been engaged for almost a week now?”

“We’re not engaged, Jungkook.” Hyunji rolls her eyes at the grinning idiot standing next to her. 

“I proposed,” he bumps his elbow to hers, smirking. 

“It was a mutual agreement.” 

“You said yes,” 

“I said I would think about it,” 

“Yeah but you said yes the next day.” 

Hyunji groans, in annoyance. 

“You just gotta accept it Ji, we’re engaged and you’re twenty-four hours away from becoming the next Mrs.Jeon.” 

“Yeah, and I’m starting to regret it already.” she grumbles quietly, walking towards her bed. 

Jungkook perks up. 

“What’d you say?” he asks curiously, oblivious of her words. 

“Nothing.” is all she says before plopping onto her bed. She sighs, looking around her partially empty room. Ever since her parents had said their goodbyes about two hours ago, Hyunji had run back to her room to begin packing before the agreed time they had set for Jungkook to come. She had planned what she would and wouldn’t be taking the previous day, just to make things easier, and sorted out her laundry from everyone elses.