Chapter 20

"You're thinking again,"

Hyunji's eyes glance up from the ice cream bowl in front of her piled up with sprinkles and m&m's, frozen for a moment as Jungkook stares at her from where he sat across from her, eating from a bowl of his own.

She tilts her head.

"And?"

"And I want to know what you're thinking about," he answers the corner of his lip curling before he took another spoonful of his dessert that happened to be more chaotic than hers.

Who even adds jelly beans to their ice cream? Especially on top of all the other candies and chocolates he had as toppings, almost as if he hadn't gotten sick a few hours ago.

She would never understand.

"You don't ever see me asking you what you're thinking about," Hyunji retorts, scooping more ice cream before bringing it to her mouth.

"That's because I tell you everything on my mind already, you don't even have to ask."

He wasn't wrong there. He truly saved her the chore of doing so.

"C'mon," he continues, waving his spoon in the air at her, "tell me."

And with a sudden burst of courage fueled by his nagging to know what had crossed her mind as they previously sat in silence, she finally gives him the answer he had been wanting to hear.

"We haven't had sex yet."

The words fall from her lips and it takes a moment for him to process. She looks down at her ice cream and takes another scoop as he stares at her from across the table with raised brows. He wasn't exactly expecting her to bring it up.

"Do you want to have sex?"

Not knowing how to reply, especially with the crowd of random strangers walking by the eventful fair, Hyunji results to just shrugging and focusing on her dessert.

"Hyunji," Jungkook says her name, attempting to grab her attention. At that point he had momentarily forgotten the mountain of melting ice cream in front of him.

"I don't know," she mutters.

"It's a yes or no question."

"Do you want to have sex?"

"Don't turn the question onto me."

Hyunji sighs this time as she takes a moment to lean back a little and looks around at the lights decorating the area as screams sounded every few minutes from the rides. Ever since Thursday night she couldn't help but think about how she expected them to finally have sex, and was surprised with how much the disappointment affected her. She didn't want to show him that side to not upset him, but up till that point he had been handling the communication very well.