A job!

3𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

It was tiring at the least. Ha Joon couldn't find a single job. It was either "your qualifications doesn't match with our job" Or "we're not hiring right now" Or "you're too overqualified for the job". Like bish what. Overqualified for a job? Tf does that mean? That's even a reason? That's what Ha Joon thought when he received the e-mail.

He had a degree in business management and communication. He wanted to continue his studies and wanted to do something of his own but the recent unexpected passing away of his dad and the debt he left forced him to join the labour force.

Now let's not jump to conclusions and decide Joonies father is a drunk gambler who left a huge debt on the shoulders of his only son and died beside the footpath of a road. He's not.
They were the most loving family one could ever ask for. A small family that consisted of Ha joon , his mother and his father. Had a not too small house of their own and lived happily. A normal middle class working family. Everything came crashing down when Ha joons mother suddenly collapsed at her workplace. Ha Joon was in high school and was only 17 when he found out his mother had a brain tumor. His mother had to resign her job and be admitted to the hospital for treatment. His father came home less and less and started overworking to provide for the medication and Ha joons education. Ha joon himself started working part time at a cafe nearby his school to help his family as he could. He was a bright student, in fact even during all this his grades never dropped.
This went on for another 5 years before Ha joons mother passed away succumbing to the illness. By that time, they had already lost their home (sold it for the money to treat Ha joons mother) and his once healthy looking dad looked weak and frail. And now after 3 years his father too had died trying to pay off the debt. After his mother's death, Ha joon had temporarily stopped his education after completion of his degree to support his dad by taking tution for college students. But now that his father is dead and he alone had to pay off the huge amount, he had to find a proper job. And that too fast.

After receiving the e-mail that he was rejected, Ha joon was walking down the once familiar road to the old cafe where he worked and entered it.

𝙃𝙖 𝙟𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I entered the familiar looking cafe hoping to meet hwa-jin : my former boss, the owner of the cafe. And as I expected she was behind the counter ready to close up the cafe since it was alomost 9 p.m at night.
She looked up hearing the chime of the bell.
"Sorry , but we're getting ready to close for to-  " Oh? " "Ha joon? "

She looked at me with a pleasant surprise that soon turned into worry after seeing my face.

"Why do you look like you're about to cry and what happened!? "

"NOONAAAAA" "UWAAAA".There. The waterworks had started. The kind look on her face was my last string and now I'm throwing myself on her and balling my eyes out.

She looked taken aback to see me clinging and crying after meeting her after like.....? 3 years? I left the cafe as soon as I competed my degree; which was around the same time as my mother's death.

"WHAT HAPPENED. WHO TF HURT MY GUMBALL. I'LL MAKE THEM SHIT THEIR PANTS AND OFFER THEM AS SACRIFICE"

"The ABC company" I whispered. "What"... " Welp. You're own your own then, mama's got to live" She said.

"Ugh.There's no use of you being an alpha at all noona" I said looking at her with accusing eyes. "You're still a coward"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU LITTLE SHIT OF A PRICK!?" "WHAT DID YOU WANT ME TO DO? FIGHT A WHOLE ASS CONGLOMERATE!? "

I started crying again. And it seems she was alarmed again as I never show people my weak side.

"Hey calm down, ok? Let's talk. What happened? Why do you look like this? And where's your dad? "

The look in my eyes must have given away about my dad that she immediately hugged me. I explained to her about everything from three years back to now and how I was rejected by almost every company in the whole of The Republic of Korea!

"I'm sorry Ha joon-a that you had to go through this alone. But I may or may not have a solution"

I looked at her quizzically. "What do you mean? "
"You know how many idols visit our cafe, especially the jyp ones? "

Jyp ent. was near our cafe so it was normal to see many masked people in the cafe asking for non-stop caffeine.
"Yes? " I replied nodding my head.

"Well, today I overhead some staffs of jyp talking about how they needed a new manger for one of their groups. Since you studied business management & communication, I think you can apply. And you're a beta too, right? "

"Yes... An entertainment company was the last place I would wanna work since I know I'll die of overwork and stress but I currently have no room to complain, do I? " I let out a low chuckle.

"Remember your goal is to pay off the debt, be stable and start your own business, Joon-a, I'm sure you will get this job. So be patient. I heard it pays good even though you have to overwork a little. As soon as you pay off the money you owe and have a little saving for yourself you can leave!! " And currently since the rule only allows betas to be hired, the competition with Alphas and omegas are almost nonexistent. You only have to compete against betas and most of them would just be fangirls and fanboys trying to get close to their idols so they'll obviously get eliminated! "

I thought about what noona said and I suddenly feel very confident!!

"Okay! I'll go for and apply tomorrow early morning itself. I CAN DO THIS. GAAAAH"

"WTF WAS THAT U DIPSHIT, YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!? "

I took my bag and went towards the door and opened it and I looked back "That was the roar of conviction!! " and gave her a salute "Thank you Captain! "

3𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

Hwa jin could only shake her head in disbelief and chuckle.
"I'm glad he still hasn't lost hope"