Move in!?

3rd person pov

Ha Joon was once again entering the main entrance to the building that says "JYPE". He walked to the reception and told the receptionist about the meeting and showed her the email he received. She looked up at him and smiled and said a little " Congratulations ". Ha Joon thanked her while she notified the head of the managing department about his arrival.

Ha Joon's pov

I walked towards the same room as before as I was instructed. The only difference being that earlier I was just an applicant while now I'm part of the company or going to be, since I still have to sign the contract. Bottom line : everything is going according to my plan today. Ha!

I knocked on the door which was shortly followed by a "come in". I entered the familiar looking room and greeted the person who previously interviewed me.

" Good morning Mr. Choi. I'm guessing we don't need a brand new introduction. As we stated earlier, you have been selected as the new manager for one of our groups. And also, you may call me chief from now on. You are a part of my team now, and I want you to be comfortable with me. If you encounter any problem or need guidance you may contact me. This is my number" said the chief handing me his number. I grabbed the piece of paper and placed it in my pocket, making a mental note to save his number on my phone as soon as I reach home.

"Um... Chief, May I ask something? " I said looking up at him. "Sure, go on" he replied nodding his head.

"Why was I selected? I mean... I'm really happy that I am but, I'm just curious. I came in for an interview just yesterday and now I've been told that I've been selected. It's just too sudden. You even said you'll need to run a background check on me. What about that? " I asked him unable to suppress my curiosity.

"Hahahaha... I'm sorry Ha Joon but your clueless confused face right now was both cute and funny that I couldn't hold back. As for the answer to your question, You were selected because we found that you were genuine. Most of our applicants on further search were found to be just fans trying to get close to their idols. Plus, we are in quite a need of a new manager right now. JYPE is debuting a new girl group and many of our previous staff members left after finding their mates or finding that they're omegas. We need someone to take care of one of our groups since the experienced managers need to be around the new girl group as they are still in the process of presenting their subgender. And your qualifications and your skills match with what we're looking for. As for the background check, Joon, we're an entertainment company. We need only hours to find something about someone, a skill we developed all thanks to the sasaengs. So, you weren't that difficult. " He replied with a smile.

Well.... I was too stunned to speak. My face must have given away my shock that I saw Chief laughing again. I could feel the heat rushing to my face and knew I was red as a tomato. "Chief! "

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Your expressions are funny..... Oh! I almost forgot. There's is someone else you need to meet. They will inform you about the group you are in charge of and will tell you..... something else too. Well good luck! "
Chief said smiling at me.

Well something is off about that smile...

"Wait! Who am I meeting with?" I asked, my anxiety growing.

"J.Y Park. You're meeting JYP himself. I think he wants to talk to you personally since he is entrusting one of his biggest groups to you. He handpicked you out of everyone for this job after all. "

I was walking to this uppermost floor of JYPE building as I was directed by Chief. As I was told I saw a big glass door at the end of the hallway.

While walking down the long hallway, I couldn't help but panic. What did chief mean by a big group!? Am I ready for it? Should I back off? Quit the job? But I need the money and Hwa Jin noona would slap my ass back to Mars if I backed out now.. Ugh. Also.... JYP handpicked ME? Like... ME? Now I'm scared.

No. No. Cheer up Ha Joon! You can't give up now! I have survived a drunk Hwa Jin. So this is a piece of cake. Between an apocalypse and drunk Hwa Jin, I would choose an apocalypse any day. So I can do this too! Ha Joon fighting. GHAAA!

I was having an internal monologue when I realized that I was already standing in front of two big glass doors.

Well, it's now or never.

I knocked on the door and entered it when I heard response.

"Good morning Ha Joon-ssi. I'm J.Y Park. It's nice to meet you finally. Come, have a seat please. "

I quietly went to take a seat opposite Jyp and sat.

"So, as you might have already been informed, you are going to join our managing team. Let me cut to the chase. The team that you're going to handle is one of my biggest groups, so I expect you to take the best care of them."
Jyp said with a smile but with a serious voice.

"May I know which group it is that I'm in charge of, Sir? " I asked my heart beating frantically.

"Stray kids"

"Wait... You mean... I'm in charge of THAT BIG of a group? Are you sure about this, Sir? " I asked him still shocked that he would let a new guy take care of one of the biggest groups in kpop.

"Yes I am sure, Ha Joon. I am sure you are capable of doing it. The experienced managers need to be around new groups. And you're around the same age as stray kids members so it'll be easy for you to communicate with them when you move in."

"Oh I get it now. Wait.No, Wait...I didn't get that. Moving in? Who's moving in!? "
I asked confusion evident on my face.

"You see Ha Joon, that's the reason why I wanted to talk to you personally. I want you, their new personal manager, to live with them. That is part of the contract that you are going to sign with us. I know this is sudden, but I am not going to force you. You can either accept the job and sign the contract or not accept it." Jyp said.
I bet my eyes look like that of a comical character's.
"I need some time to think about it" I said already commencing the debate in my head.

"Of course, that is only natural. You have 1 hour Ha Joon. I will be waiting for your answer." I got up and went out the room for some "quality talk with Hwa Jin" time after hearing Jyp's response.

I need to talk about this with noona! How can I just go and live with random 8 men who I know nothing about!? And aren't they a pack!? Even though I'm a beta and have no response to pheromones, won't the presence of a stranger affect them!? What if they don't like me?

I aggressively dialed Noona's number on my phone. After a few rings I heard noona's voice.

"What is it little worm? When are you getting on job? "

"NOONA.IHAVETOLIVEWITHTHEMIFIACCEPTTHECONTRACTANDYOURLITTLEWORMISSCAREDINEEDHELP. AAAHHHH"

I said everything at once.

"Tf DID THAT MEAN? DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD? SPEAK LIKE A HUMAN YOU DIPSHIT. AND WHY ARE WE SCREAMING? CODE RED, IS IT CODE RED? "

I heard plates and glass clicking on the other side. "It's not code red? Or is it? Idk. But noona what is that noise? "

"Oh. I thought it was code red. So I was grabbing a spatula from the kitchen, to run over to jyp." Noona said it like the most casual thing in the world?
Omg she's still so weird.

"Noona, I have to live with them. If I want the job, I should move in with straykids! "

"Move in!? " Noona's screech was the last thing I heard before the call disconnected.

1400+ words. Phew. Next chapter we're getting some "Mama bear Hwa Jin"... or is it jyp who is getting it...?

Why did the call disconnect so abruptly? What is Ha Joon going to do now? Will he accept it? What would be Hwa Jin's opinion about this whole ordeal?

And also before this story ends we will find out why Ha Joon would choose an apocalypse THAN a drunk Hwa Jin 🥴🍺. smh.