Twenty

1 month later

Levis POV

"Mr Levi, can we draw" ash asked pointing to his coloring book.

I grin "sure"

He smiles and gives me a coloring book with some colors then began to color in his own book.

I started coloring as well, 1 month went by and I've gotten more closer with ash, he's a sweet kid and loves to color....me and Hanji have been reconnecting as well, we would go to the park and have chats about her job and about ash....she loves her kid with all her heart...I could tell. She told me about her husband and how he struggles with money and works day and night thus why she works at the club to earn some more money for all of them. which makes Hanji have to get me to babysit ash Although she doesn't talk about her husband much...whenever I ask about him she kinda shrugs it off....I'm not one to pry so if she doesn't want to tell me then she doesn't have to. She is definitely starting to trust me more as the days go by and that's a good thing....

I hear ash yawn as he slowed down on coloring.

"Tired?" I asked.

He nods and starts to scoot over to me and hugs me before falling asleep.

I chuckle to myself and pick him up as I went to go grab a blanket and pillow.

I laid him back down on the couch and draped a blanket over him. He cuddled into the blanket and fell asleep....

I pulled out my laptop and started looking at the areas of where me and the brats next mission would be, I heard a clap of thunder sounds like it's a bad storm....

I heard a knock on the door....it's too early for Hanji to be back....

I looked around and grabbed one of my guns holding it behind my back.

I got close to the door "who is it"

"Levi it's Hanji....please open up"

What's she doing here? I put the gun away and opened the door.

I saw old tear marks on her cheeks like she was crying earlier, and she was soaking wet.

"Hey, what happened?" I pulled her inside and went to go get her a towel and blanket since she was still in uniform, and she was drenched.

"Bad customer..." she said softly as I handed her the blanket.

She wrapped herself in the blanket...and sat on the couch.

She looked at ash and smiled "he fell asleep?"

I nodded and sat next to her "not to long ago either"

She sighs "sometimes I truly hate this job...."

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

She sighs as she fiddled with her hands "a customer pushed me a little too far today....started touching me places I wasn't comfortable with....when I tried to get him to stop he ended up slapping me and got kicked out of the club....my boss sent me home early because of what happened....I wasn't in trouble it's because she felt bad"

I frown "I'm sorry Hanji....there are truly some of the worst people in this world"

She nods and rubs her eyes "and after I composed myself It started pouring down rain so I decided to head here....so here I am"

She rubs her head "I should probably get going, it's late and the storm is only going to get worse"

I tch, is she stupid? Driving into a storm like that is dangerous "why don't you spend the night here?"

Her eyes widened a bit "eh? I can't, I don't want to intrude on anything and my husband will get worried"

"He will be even more worried if you try to drive in that storm at night! Hanji just tell him you're staying at a friends house for the night because of the storm, I think he would rather you do that then drive in it"

She sighed "where will we sleep?"

"You have two options, you can sleep on the couch pull out bed or you can sleep in the guest room"

She looks at ash "I think we'll go with the guest room"

I nod "ok follow me "

I take her to the guest room and she picks up ash holding him close, the guest bedroom has a king sized bed it's big enough for them both.

She walks over to the bed and lays ash down tucking him under the sheets.

"I'll be back with some fresh clothes for tonight and Tomorrow" I said walking away.

I walked to mikasa and Sasha's room and knocked.

Mikasa opened the door "yes?"

"I need a pair of clothes for Hanji, for tonight and tomorrow"

Mikasa raises an eyebrow "she's spending the night?"

I nod "I don't want her driving in the storm so she's sleeping in the guest bedroom for tonight"

Mikasa nods "oh, well let me get the clothes"

She closes the door and I waited till she came back out with some clothes "here you go"

"Thanks mikasa"

She closes the door and I walked back to the guest room.

I opened the door to see Hanji on her phone "just messaged my husband about tonight"

I nod "well I got the clothes"

She smiles softly "thank you levi....you didn't have to"

I shrug "I don't think it's very comfortable to be sleeping in those clothes anyway"

She shakes her head "yeah it's not...."

I sighed "well get some rest, you've had a busy night"

She nods "thank you, I will"

I close the door and sighed and started walking to my room, I felt frustrated because someone hurt Hanji....I walked into my room and sat on my bed.

If I stayed with Hanji....would things have been different?....would we have gotten married? Have kids? Have a future together?

I rub my eyes....it doesn't matter now I didn't stay with her and that's my fault....she's married and has her own son....although she's not very wealthy....I could help with that, being in the mafia cash is easily gained if you're good at your job, being Kenny's nephew I get most of the money....maybe I'll give a her a grand or two....to help get her family on their feet again....and hopefully she won't have to work at the club anymore.....