Chapter 15

{Jack's POV}

       Blood bubbled along the cut Jack made with his scalpel, taking his sweet time as he listened to the man scream in painful agony. It had been so long since he'd last been able to truly savor the terror of one watching their final moments, knowing their death were upon them and that they were helpless to stop it. Usually his victims were asleep, and lately he'd been slitting their throats before starting because he was still so weak from captivity.

        This man, though, was the perfect victim. He was already injured, and Jack had mangled his limbs further, first crushing his hands and feet with large stones and then slicing his tendons. Right now this was exactly what he needed, and Jack would take his sweet time, drawing it out as long as possible. Everything about this was so perfect. Removing a blood-specked glove, the man's brown eyes widened even further as he saw Jack's ash gray skin and black claw-like nails, uttering a single sob at the sight. Such a glorious sound, almost as beautiful as the screams.

        Reaching inside the cut, Jack felt around the man's innards until he felt the familiar slimy texture of a kidney, grinning as he wrapped his fingers around it and ripped it out of the body. The man gasped in pain and screeched, but his pain soon turned to disgust as Jack lifted his mask and raised it to his mouth. Puncturing it with his shark-like teeth, blood spurted as he tore off a chunk and began chewing, strings of flesh dropping onto the man's face. Vomit rose up in the man's throat and he turned his head as he puked, bile dripping down his cheek.

        "Gross," Jack grumbled, but smirked as he said it. Devouring the kidney as graphically as possible, he licked his fingers before reaching inside for more. One by one he removed the man's innards, starting with the least vital organs and working his way up. Some he devoured right there. Others he just stuffed into the pocket of his hoodie, audibly sloshing around and squishing against each other with each movement he made as he continued the gory drawn-out torture. Tugging the intestines with a single finger, he lifted it until they grew too taut and snapped, making the man screech before Jack snapped another point to create a long, severed section. He lifted it to his mouth and slurped it like a noodle, ignoring the man's gagging and further sounds of vomiting as he chewed and swallowed.

        Every time the man seemed ready to pass out Jack would slap his face to keep awake. He couldn't pass out now, if he were unconscious Jack couldn't savor his fear and horror. Gradually the man's chest became a gory empty husk, its contents vanishing either into Jack's stomach or his pocket. Eventually, Jack's fingers wrapped around the man's beating heart. He leaned over as he carefully lifted it without severing it, the man's body twitching at the motion. Jack cast a final glance at the man's face. Tears, blood and snot trailed down his chin, his breaths nothing more blubbering sobs. Flesh and blood decorated Jack's razor-sharp teeth as he grinned at the man's absolute horror, and then he chomped into the man's heart and his body went still.

        By the time he finished, Jack was filthy with blood but overall satisfied. This more than made up for last night's failure, and he had enough food to last him a while. Humming cheerfully to himself, Jack didn't bother picking up his gloves as he began the walk to the clearing, the organs in his pockets sloshing with each bouncing step. He'd have to return later to collect the remainder of the man's organs, but first he had to take [Name] home. He chuckled as he imagined her expression when she'd see him covered in blood. No doubt she'd heard the screaming. She'd be so terrified! She might even cry.

        "Oh [Naaaame]~" he called in a singsong voice, grinning under his mask. "I'm ba..." Jack's voice trailed off as the clearing came into sight, blinking and looking around. The sewing kit and dummies were on the ground, but [Name] was no where to be seen. Surprised, Jack didn't react right away, just standing in shock. Anger started to rumble inside of him, quickly expanding until it exploded into pure fury and rage. Jack growled as he slammed his good fist against a tree, his concealed face contorting with rage.

        "[NAME]!"

{Reader's POV}

        Blood-curdling screams rang through the air, making me wince and nearly prick myself with the needle. Jack was obviously busy with a victim, but I didn't dare run away. I did not want to get on his bad side. In an attempt to ignore the screams I focused all of my attention on sewing patches onto the dummy. Tying off the final stitch, I gave a sigh and winced as I heard another scream. Shuddering, I opened the box to get another piece of fabric, but of course at that moment a gust of wind came by and the one on top blew away. I quickly closed the box before the rest blew away and pushed the dummy to the ground so I could chase after the airborne fabric.

        The wind seemed to be toying with me, always carrying it just out of my reach. I grunted as I squeezed through some bushes, knowing full well I looked like an idiot jumping around and chasing it, but I really didn't care. Reaching for it, I gave a final jump and sprung into the air, managing to finally snag the cloth between my fingers. "Finally!" I gasped as I landed, smirking at the cloth. Too bad, wind! You lose!

        ...Was this normal, or was this just a result of going stir crazy?

        As I stood there pondering my taunts to the wind, I was suddenly startled back into reality by an angry voice. "[NAME]!" I winced, slowly turning around. Twigs snapped violently as footsteps thundered towards my direction, and before I knew it Jack suddenly appeared and lunged at me, pinning me against the nearest tree. I gave a gasp as the air left my lungs from the force of the impact, pain shooting through my spine. Even as I reeled from the pain, though, I couldn't help noticing that his navy blue mask had several specks of red. Shiny red splotches stained his clothes, making me gag at the sight. Blood. He was covered in blood.

        "What are you doing?" he growled, and I could easily imagine him baring his teeth under his mask, strings of flesh hanging from the pointed tips. Fear coursed through my veins, my eyes widening as tears threatened to fall. At this point, the only reason my knees hadn't given out was because Jack was holding me up by my neck, his blood-splattered hands wrapping around it and squeezing painfully. I gasped for air, but his iron grip didn't release. "I told you, not to go anywhere! Were you trying to run away?"

        "N-no," I whispered, shaking my head slightly, but his grip just tightened.

        "Then why did you leave? What are you doing here, [Name]? Answer me!" I tried to speak, to tell him I was just chasing after the fabric after the wind carried it away, but I couldn't. His grip on my neck was too tight, cutting off my air supply. Fury radiated from his very being, and I realized that even if I could speak he probably wouldn't believe me. He was just too angry. My vision blurred as oxygen left my lungs, but Jack didn't release his grip. Instead it only seemed to grow tighter, his growls and yelling louder. His words were becoming a blur, an unidentifiable angry noise, and my vision was starting to turn black.

        In that moment, my consciousness threatening to fade, something in me finally snapped.

        Instinct kicked in, and my body began moving on its own. His claws grazed my neck as I thrust my head forward and I could feel blood trickling down, but I didn't care. My head connected with his forehead, and he let out a cry of surprise as his hands loosened their grip. Gasping in large gulps of sweet, wonderful air, I quickly brought up my knee as hard as I could, hitting him square in the nuts. Monster or not, he still had basic male human anatomy, meaning he shared the same weakness as all males. He gave a gasp and squeaked, falling to his knees while clutching the injured area.

        Finally free of his grip, I coughed and sputtered as I collapsed the ground, gasping desperately for air. However, I couldn't stop yet. He wouldn't be down for long. Rolling onto my stomach, I pushed myself off the ground and quickly began crawling to a large rock resting nearby. Adrenaline surged through me, the pain in my neck and back disappearing as I lifted the rock and slowly stumbled to my feet. Funny, it felt light as a feather. Guess that was the power of adrenaline.

        Lumbering towards Jack, he glanced up at me weakly just as I brought the rock down on his head.