Chapter Thirteen: Eddie

Veronica POV
"Absolutely not." I told Chrissy, turning around to face her after viewing myself in my new Hawkins High cheer uniform.

Yep. You read that right. Give me a minute to explain myself.

It had been a couple days since Eddie and I hung out at Skull Rock. We had actually ended up falling asleep there, both of us panicking when we realized we'd woken up at 10AM the next day. Denise was pissed. Long story short, she'd asked me to leave for a few days. She was so angry, she couldn't even stand to see my face. It was kind of an asshole move, but I really don't blame her. I would have reacted the same way if my junkie brother's daughter went missing for an entire night without leaving any note, especially right after a huge fight.

Chrissy ended up letting me stay with her for the weekend, being Denise had a fucking stick up her ass and refused to acknowledge my existence out of anger. The sleepover part was really fun, but waking up Monday morning to an extra cheer uniform hanging up on her closet door really just made me not want to get out of bed. Ever.

I kept asking myself how I let that happen, and honestly, I don't know.

During the weekend, Chrissy had somehow managed to convince me to join the fucking cheerleading squad.

I don't exactly know when or how it happened, but all I know is that I have to wear this stupid outfit to school from now on to show 'school spirit' or whatever the fuck. It was such a stupid tradition and now I'd actually looked like a fucking priss.

"It looks so good on you! You look great, V!" Chrissy explained in awe, lightly grabbing my shoulders and turning me back around to face her mirror. My eyes trailed from the short, green, yellow, and white skirt all the way up to the white cover up that read 'Veronica' on the top right in green letters.

I cringed.

"Ya know, what if I end up going to practice and you realize I don't have any skill?" I joked, turning around and giving Chrissy a funny look.

Chrissy laughed and rolled her eyes. "I see how you move, V. You flow. Trust me, you'll be fine." She replied, looking in her mirror and fixing her skirt.

I sighed, running my fingertips against the obnoxious green scrunchie that tied my hair together. My bangs were pushed in front, evenly wispy, which was the only decent part about this entire outfit.

"Ready to go? Jason should be here in a couple of minutes." Chrissy asked, grabbing her pink backpack and putting it around her shoulders.

I nodded hesitantly, looking myself in the mirror one more time in shame. A year ago I would've never even imagined this would be where I was...who I was. Like what is this? What am I wearing?

That's when I thought of Eddie and I's conversation from Friday night at skull rock. We talked about how embarrassing it was that the jocks and the populars were so fucking obsessed with image- and here I was, one of them. A fake.

I rolled my eyes to myself and grabbed my backpack off of Chrissy's floor. I slung it over my shoulder and walked downstairs with her, saying hello and goodbye to her parents before we ran outside to Jason's car.

"Hey babe, sup' V?" Jason greeted with his pearly white smile, watching us as we quickly got into his car. I sat in the back, Jason looking in his rearview at me.

"No shit." He said, a shocked smile on his face. He was obviously looking at the cheer outfit I had on, surprised that I had agreed to join the team.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it. Drive before I change my mind." I joked, causing Jason and Chrissy to laugh before we drove to school.