Chapter Twenty-Six: Chrissy

Veronica POV

"Come on, Veronica. Right up here." Chrissy told me as she helped me into the house. I wiped my eyes as I walked in, cursing to myself as Denise hurried over to me.

"Holy shit...Ver- Chrissy what happened?!" She asked frantically, coming up to me and holding my shoulders.

Before Chrissy could answer, I spoke up.

"It's Eddie, Aunt Denise..." I managed to say, tears spilling out of my eyes again as I hugged her tightly.

"Eddie? What happened to Eddie?" She asked, looking over at Chrissy as she hugged me back.

"He broke up with me. He said he wants to disappear out of my life." I told her as I sobbed into her chest. "It's all my fault..."

Denise immediately held me tighter, swaying our bodies lightly. "Aw, baby...how is it your fault?" She asked softly, sitting me down on the couch. Chrissy watched sadly, her head hanging low.

I couldn't stand talking about it, especially with Denise. With the flashbacks from tonight continuously playing over and over in my head, the last thing I wanted to do was get Denise's input.

"I don't wanna talk about it. I just want to go upstairs with Chrissy." I sniffled, pulling away from Denise and wiping my eyes.

Denise rubbed my back, giving me a sad look. "Alright, baby. Please let me know if you need something." She told me as I stood up and walked towards the stairs.

Chrissy hurried after me as I walked up to my room and opened the door, Chrissy switching on the light as we walked in. I just stood there for a moment and looked around at my room, remembering every step and action Eddie has ever done in here.

I opened my eyes quickly to realize he was still there, looking at all of my room decorations and all of the pictures on my dresser. I noticed his smile as he picked one up, laughing quietly to himself before setting it down.

"Are you leaving?" I blurted out, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I didn't even realize what I was doing before I did it, but oh well, I was high. Who cares.

Eddie turned to me a bit startled. "I was just about to, don't worry." He said with a chuckle. "Do you uhh...need anything before I do?"

"I don't want you to go." I blurted again, not thinking before I spoke.

Eddie laughed nervously, looking around as if he couldn't believe what I was saying.

I slowly walked over to the picture frame I remembered Eddie picking up. I then picked it up myself, admiring the picture of my dad and I at a waterpark in Philadelphia. My dad looked young and healthy, holding little me on his back. The water from the sprinklers splashed the both of us, the sound of our laughter ringing in my ears like it was yesterday. This picture was from years ago...we both looked so happy.

Tears welled up in my eyes once again, sobs choking out of me as Chrissy hugged me from behind to comfort me.

"Are you okay, V?" She asked softly, holding me as I looked at the old picture.

"No...I miss my dad." I admitted, the uncontrollable sobs finally rushing out of me. I never thought i'd say it out loud, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. I needed him...I loved him and he did love me, but he just so happened to love the drugs more.

"Aw, Veronica..." She said softly, pulling away and turning me around to give me a real hug. I held her so tight, the sadness immediately melting away as she did.