Chapter Twenty-Five: The Party

Veronica POV

I ran downstairs to the sound of Steve's car honking twice. Denise gave me a weird look as I did, curious to where I could be heading.

"I'll be back later tonight. Going out with friends." I told her as I walked outside, speed walking to Steve's car. As I approached it, Robin rolled down the passenger side window with a smile.

"Aw Steve, she got all dressed up for us." She teased, causing me to roll my eyes playfully as I got into the backseat.

As Steve drove through the winding roads of Hawkins, I wondered how people would react to Eddie being there. I mean...technically he was uninvited. Also, was Eddie expecting me to be open about our relationship at the party tonight?

"So...is Eddie really gonna be there?" Robin asked, looking at me in the rearview.

I nodded. "Yep. I have no idea how that's gonna go." I admitted, looking down at my hands in my lap. I twiddled my thumbs, nervous for what might come about at this party tonight.

"I think it'll go fine as long as he doesn't bother the basketball team...or Tiffany Frasier." Steve mentioned, my heart beating out of my chest as the words rolled off of his tongue.

Everyone's gonna be there. Fuck.

As soon as we pulled up to the party, the first thing I noticed was Jason's car in the driveway. That meant Chrissy was here.

I smiled to myself before getting out with Steve and Robin, walking up to the door that the blaring music was behind. Steve put his hand up to the door to knock, but before he could, the door opened to reveal a face I didn't recognize.

"King Steve! Finally, we can get this party started!" The guy shouted, letting Steve, Robin and I inside of the big house.

Steve patted the guy on the shoulder as we walked past him, my eyes immediately being caught by Eddie's, who was sitting in the corner with a beer in his hand. His face immediately lit up, his eyes trailing my body.

"A drink for you," Steve said, handing a red solo cup to Robin. He then turned around to make another one before handing it to me. "A drink for you...and a drink for me." Steve smiled making his drink then taking a sip of it.

"Thanks, Steve." I smiled, taking a sip and my eyes ripping away from Eddie's. Just as we found an empty spot to stand around and talk, I felt two hands suddenly get placed on my shoulders.

"Boo." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to see Jason and Chrissy, Jason obviously being the one who had tried to scare me. I smiled wide as Chrissy pulled me into a hug, Jason smiling as he watched us.

"Hey, V!" Chrissy said excitedly, Jason turning to Steve.

"Hey man, how are you? Wish we could have had you on the team for that championship game, man." Jason told Steve, Steve giving him a pursed lip nod.

I just drowned out their conversation to continue talking to Chrissy.

"Hey...Eddie's here?" She asked me with a whisper, giving me a confused look.

I nodded. "He's jealous that i'm friends with Steve so he wanted to keep an eye on him...he's keeping his distance though." I whispered to her, looking back over at Eddie who was continuing to watch me. He gave me a small smile and nod, butterflies immediately fluttering all in my stomach. I gave him a smile back before turning to Chrissy, pink rising to my cheeks.

"Hm..." She hummed. I noticed her looking around nervously, her body a bit tense.

"Hey...are you okay?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. Chrissy quickly nodded, a smile plastering on her face.