Chapter Forty-Six: My Love

Veronica POV
I quickly walked down the hall with the nurse, my eyes and cheeks now swollen from all of my crying. I was desperate to get to Eddie's room, the fear of loss escaping me with every step.

I was startled out of my thoughts by the nurse suddenly stopping in the hallway, the familiar room that I had once been locked out of sitting right in front of me.

My heart was beating out of my chest.

"Now, he lost a lot of blood so he is going to be a little tired...maybe lacking enthusiasm and not being his normal self for a couple days. When he is released you need to change his bandages twice a day, once at night and once in the morning. I'll bring you all of the things you will need once the doctor says he is free to leave." The nurse explained, my entire body bursting with joy. I couldn't even explain all of the emotions I was feeling right now. Between him, Max, and the world ending, I didn't exactly know how to feel.

All I knew was that Eddie was gonna be okay, and I was gonna stick with that feeling for as long as I could hold on to it.

I nodded at the nurse, a small smile on my lips.

The nurse gave me one back before opening Eddie's hospital room door for me, her giving me a reassuring nod as I looked through the doorway.

I took a deep breath, my head spinning with anxiety.

As I walked in, the nurse gave me a smile before walking off. I tried to be quiet as I shut the door behind me, staring at the closed curtain that Eddie had laid behind.

"Eddie?" I spoke, making my presence known.

All of a sudden, you could hear his body shift in the bed.

"Roni??" He asked, excitement in his tone. Tears immediately sprung into my eyes as I heard the relieving sound of his voice.

God, I thought I'd never be able to hear it again.

I pulled back the curtain to reveal a bandaged up Eddie. He laid comfortably with his arm behind his head against the headboard and his shirt off to reveal his bandage covered stomach. The blanket rested upon him, only covering below his waist. His eyes beamed as he saw me, them also slightly filling with tears.

I couldn't move. My brain wasn't working...I was just so relieved to see him.

"God, you're covered in blood..." He spoke, his eyes trailing down to my stained up shirt and blood splattered limbs. I could tell he felt a bit guilty, the light in his eyes fading.

"I don't care." I admitted, walking over to him and running a hand through his greasy hair. He looked up at me in admiration, my whole body going numb.

We stayed silent for a moment, us both taking in the relieving feeling of being with each other again. I was fighting back tears, so many emotions running through my body.

"Wow...you still manage to look so pretty while covered in blood and tears." He said, breaking the silence as he continued to admire my facial features. I couldn't help but blush, a small smile forming on his cheeks as I did.

"Only you would think that." I teased, a small laugh escaping my lips. Eddie laughed slightly with me, his weak hand gently grabbing mine. He caressed my hand with his fingers, his touch causing butterflies to explode into my stomach.

I watched him carefully as his hand slid against mine, the warmth of his touch making me feel whole again.

Tears began swelling into my eyes again, the disbelief that I was even here with him aching inside of me. We both stayed silent for a moment, my head spinning with memories from hours ago.

"I thought I lost you down there." I blurted, a single sob escaping my lips as I spoke.

Eddie's eyes immediately snapped up to mine as I covered my mouth with my hand, trying my best to now muffle the repeating sobs that continued to escape me. His face lowered, him immediately pulling me into a hug.

"Roni...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just knew that if I didn't do something, those bats were gonna follow us right through that gate. I couldn't let that happen...put you in danger." He explained, his voice shaky. You could tell he was trying to hold back his tears as he spoke.

His pained voice caused me to cry even more. I tried my best not to hold him too tight as I cried, his tender body probably burning with all of the cuts that laid upon him.

I wanted to stay silent, but all of my emotions just came out of me like word vomit.

"It's just...seeing you cut the rope, then running out there to see your half lifeless body on the gr-" I began, not being able to finish my sentence due to crying. "I thought I lost everything once I saw you like that."

Hearing my point of view caused him to start crying. Hard.

Me talking about it was not to make him feel bad. I was just venting. I also wanted him to know how much I appreciated him, so I quickly spoke up again before he could say anything.

"But thank you," I added, biting the inside of my cheek. "You're a real hero for doing what you did out there. You really are brave." I added, pulling away from the hug and wiping tears that slipped from his eyes.

He rest his forehead against my chest, us both still crying. I put my hand on the back of his head, softly caressing it as he continued to cry into my bloodstained shirt.

"I don't take back what I said before you climbed through the gate, you know. I meant all of it." He managed to say, pulling away from my chest and looking up at me.

Fireworks. That's all I felt. I couldn't even put words together, butterflies fluttering rapidly through my veins.

"Wait...so like...you really meant it when you said you loved me? That wasn't just some last time seeing me bullshit?" I asked, shocked that he'd felt the same way I did.

Eddie let out a laugh, looking at me while smiling through his tears.

"Roni, I knew I loved you from the moment I first saw you walking down that fucking hallway." He began, my heart beating out of my chest in excitement. "Your harley shirt, your little black shorts, your dirty converse that you never wear anymore, and your dark wavy hair...I knew that you were mine from the moment I first saw you. It was just a matter of time."

Tears sprung into my eyes once again, but this time tears of joy. I wanted to yell from the rooftops. I wanted to dance in the rain. I wanted everything...everything with him.

"I love you too, Eddie," I began, pausing for a moment. I began to prepare my explanation, quickly trashing that idea and deciding to speak straight from my heart. I didn't need to prepare a speech or have some 'what he wants to hear' bullshit. I love him. That shit isn't superficial.

"Fuck, I love everything about you. I love your hair, your unique clothes, your sick music taste...and hell, I love the way you stick your tongue out slightly when you're really focused. I love how messy your bangs fall on your forehead. I love your tattoos, your voice, the way you walk...everything. All of the small things. You're everything I could ever ask for." I explained, a small laugh escaping my lips as I wiped my tears.

Eddie's face turned red, the corners of his lips turning upwards.

"Veronica?" He spoke, his voice calm.

"Yeah?" I replied, his eyes never leaving mine.

He licked his lips for second, looking down at mine then back up at my eyes.

"Please kiss me." He said, a smile on his lips.

I immediately smiled, my cheeks as pink as could be. Eddie Munson was really sitting here in front of me, asking me to kiss him. This is surreal.

And so I kissed him. I kissed him like I never have before. I kissed him using all of the emotions swirling inside of me.

And he kissed me right back.

A/N
EDDIES OKAAAAAYYYY YAAAASYYYYYYYTTT💓💓💓SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER ITS GONNN BEEE LOOOOOOONG!!!