Soompi

Soompi : All 4 Members Of ROSEQUARTZ Renew Contracts With Big Hit Music

All four members of ROSEQUARTZ will be continuing with Big Hit Music!

On June 12, a representative of Big Hit Music shared, “Ahead of the expiration of their exclusive contracts this July, all members of ROSEQUARTZ completed renewing their contracts. ROSEQUARTZ, who played a crucial role in establishing Big Hit’s status, and Big Hit, which became a reliable source of support for ROSEQUARTZ growing to become a representative K-pop girl group, agreed based on this trust to renew the contracts with confidence in an even better future.”

ROSEQUARTZ made their debut on July 2014, and since then, they have received numerous grand prize awards, sold over an accumulated total of 45 million albums, and became the first K-pop girl group to hold a concert at SoFi stadium as well as the first girl group to have 8 videos surpass 1 billion views.

Original Article :
ROSEQUARTZ Renews Contract With Big Hit Entertainment

It was announced ROSEQUARTZ will remain under their label Big Hit Entertainment through 2030. 

The four members of ROSEQUARTZ — Jihye, Nari, Hayoon and Miyoung — have renewed their contracts with Big Hit Music for another nine years, extending the current contracts that are set to expire this July. It will bring the group’s time with the label through 2030, 16 years since their first single album, Square One, was released in 2014.

In a statement emailed, ROSEQUARTZ said, “We respect our mentor, producer [and HYBE founder] Bang Si-Hyuk who has continued to show us a vision for our future from even before debut and have helped us form our perspective of the world and music. With Big Hit Music's support, we’ll continue to strive to give our best for fans all around the world.”

“It is our philosophy that we should cater the best to artists who’s achieving an unprecedented global success” Big Hit Music says in a statement. “After the throughout discussion with four members of ROSEQUARTZ, we decided to renew the contract before the world tour end to ensure more stable, long-term activities.”  

Big Hit Music also plans to create a dedicated team to provide support and investment in ROSEQUARTZ and their career. Shortly after the news was announced, the excitement from ROSEQUARTZ's CRYSTAL fandom landed the hashtag “#9MoreYearsOfROSEQUARTZ” a top Twitter’s Worldwide trends list.

The news comes amid a historic year, with ROSEQUARTZ rapidly becoming recognized around the globe for their impact as one of this generation’s most prominent musical acts. Along with speaking at the United Nations and landing on the cover of Time magazine’s global edition as “Next Generation Leaders,” the group has broken multiple records and sold out shows throughout the globe while spreading a message of self-love, women empowering and Korean culture.