ROSEQUARTZ Wikipedia

ROSEQUARTZ (Korean: 로즈쿼츠, Japanese: ロせクアーツ, Hangul: Lojeukwocheu, commonly stylized in all caps as ROSEQUARTZ), is a South Korean girl band formed by Big Hit Entertainment, now known as Big Hit Music. The group consists of four members: Jihye, Nari, Hayoon, and Miyoung. The group debuted on July 7, 2014 with their mini album [Square One]. Their first mini album number-one entries on South Korea's Gaon Digital Chart and the US Billboard World Digital Song Sales Chart, respectively.

Background Information
Origin: Seoul, South Korea
Genres: K-pop, EDM, pop, hip hop, trap, R&B
Years active: 2014-present
Labels: Big Hit, Warner Japan, Columbia, Universal, Geffen
Members: Jihye, Nari, Hayoon, Miyoung
Website: rosequartz.ibighit.com

Referred to as the "biggest girl group in the world", ROSEQUARTZ is the most successful Korean girl group domestic and internationally. They rose to domestic and international fame in 2014 with their mini album "Square One". All songs of [Square One] debuted in the top ten of the Gaon Digital Chart in South Korea and US World Digital Song (Billboard). "Whistle" debuted at number one and number two while "Boombayah" at number seven and number one on the chart respectively. Within 15 months after debut, ROSEQUARTZ had already sold over 1.2 million units of their EPs. As of December 2020, the group has sold over 63 million albums cumulatively in South Korea and worldwide. With the release of their single "Feel Special" in 2019, ROSEQUARTZ became the first female Korean act to chart into the Canadian Hot 100. They have been dubbed the next "Nation's Girl Group", and their point choreography-including for "Whistle", "Boombayah" (2014), "Fire" (2015), "Cheer Up", "TT" (2016), "DNA" (2017), "What Is Love?" (2018), "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" (2018), "Kill This Love" (2019), and "How You Like That" (2020) became dance crazes and viral memes imitated by many celebrities.
They are the highest-charting female Korean act on the US Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 13 with "Ice Cream" (2020), and on the Billboard 200, peaking at number one with their sixth studio album [Born Pink : Typa Girl] (2022), which is the best-selling album of all time by a female act in South Korea and the first to sell over two million copies. They were the first girl group to top the Billboard Artist 100 and the first Korean girl group to enter and top the Billboard Emerging Artists chart. ROSEQUARTZ also became the first female Korean act to receive a certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) with their single "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" (2018). Their 2018 song "Kiss and Make Up", a collaboration with Dua Lipa, was the first by a Korean group to receive a certification from the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and a platinum certification from the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). ROSEQUARTZ's fifth studio album, [Lovesick Girls] (2020), became the best-selling album of all time by a Korean girl group and the highest-charting female Korean album on the Billboard 200 at number two. [Born Pink : Typa Girl] was the first album by a girl group to reach number one on the Billboard 200 since Danity Kane in 2008 and set two Guinness World Records as the first album by a Korean girl group to top the Billboard 200 as well as the UK Albums Chart. The album's lead single "Pink Venom" (2022) was the first song by a Korean group to top the ARIA Singles Chart and the first song by a girl group to top the Billboard Global 200.
ROSEQUARTZ has broken numerous online records throughout their career. Their music video for "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" was the first by a Korean group to surpass one billion views as well as two billion views and is currently the most-viewed by a Korean group on YouTube. ROSEQUARTZ's music videos for "Kill This Love" (2019) and "How You Like That" (2020) each set records for the most-viewed music video within the first 24 hours of release, with the latter breaking three and setting two Guinness World Records. They are the most-subscribed music artist and own the most-viewed music group channel on YouTube, and are the most-followed and most-streamed girl group on Spotify. They are dubbed as "A Real Monster Rookie" since they won 7 awards for the New Artist of the Year Award at the Golden Disc Awards, Asia Artist Awards, Gaon Chart Music Awards, Korean Music Awards, MAMA Awards, Melon Music Awards and Seoul Music Awards, the first MTV Video Music Award won by a Korean girl group, the first girl group won at Billboard Award, the first Brit Award nomination for a Korean girl group, and recognition as the first female Korean group on Forbes' 30 Under 30 Asia and as Time's 2022 Entertainer of the Year. They have been acknowledged as one of the most powerful celebrities in South Korea by Forbes Korea (placing first in 2019, third in 2020, and second in 2021) and by former South Korean President Moon Jae-in as a global K-pop phenomenon helping spread K-pop content worldwide.