#2023 MIYOUNG's Exclusive Tour Of The Dior Archives

.
Hello everyone, this is MIYOUNG! I'm in Paris to attend the Dior Winter show. I'm going to spend some time here to find out more about the inspirations of the season's collection. Let's go in together!

Maria: So pleased to meet you again.

Miyoung: My pleasure!

I can't wait to see which archive pieces will be referenced by Maria Grazia Chiuri in her collection.

Miyoung: So pretty!

Maria: The name Miss Dior has been linked to Christian Dior's younger sister, Catherine. Catherine was born in Granville in 1915. She had a very pleasant life then in Normandy with her mother, her family, all together. She loved flowers like her brother because you know in Granville, they were always in the garden growing flowers with their mother. And you, do you have brothers and sisters?

Miyoung: Yeah, I have an older brother.

Maria: Oh, well that's great! And then, just before the war, she got to meet her future boyfriend. And together they participated to the French Resistance.

The story of Christian Dior's younger sister Catherine was very emotional. She had a tough life but the fact that she found the strength within to rebuild her life really impressed me.

Maria: Catherine was a very strong woman. She never complained. Look at this one! She looks happy!

I'm excited to see Maria Grazia Chiuri work inspired by Catherine Dior's story.

Maria: This dress was called Miss Dior,  just like Catherine. It was designed by Christian Dior for Spring-Summer 1949.

Miyoung: Wow! Oh my god! So pretty!

Maria: Yes, it's fantastic. Look inside my dear. It's so delicate. It was an embroidered dress with one thousand flowers.

Miyoung: One thousand?

Maria: Yeah...

Miyoung: Oh my god... Pretty. This one is muguet.

Maria: Yes, lilly of the valley.

Miyoung: Muguet is my favorite.

Maria: Your favorite?

Miyoung: Yeah.

Maria: Well, I will show you another document over there.

Miyoung: Okay!

Maria: So this is Miss Dior perfume, the one that has been designed in 1950.

Miyoung: So pretty.

Maria: And you know, there's the bow which is also a Dior code.

Miyoung: I have it.

Maria: Oh well, so Dior! Now, another lady that Monsieur Dior loved so much. It was Brossin de Méré. They understood each other quite well. When Monsieur Dior wanted something, she knew exactly what to do. She had the idea to focus on small details and then use them as allover prints.

One can believe Christian Dior was the main character of the house of Dior but I got to learn that he actually had many exceptional women by his side.

Maria: This is also...

Miyoung: Muguet!

Maria: Muguet, yes, lilly of the valley. Such an important flower for Monsieur Dior.

Miyoung: This is so nice.

I was very moved hearing the stories of these characters who are not well-known.

Maria: Those flower prints by Brossin de Méré are so elegant but also have a touch of playfulness. And now an evening dress with a jacket. Typically in this style, we couldn't distinguish the flowers. Which color do you prefer?

Miyoung: Oh, purple!

Maria: Purple? Oh well there is....

Miyoung: There is purple!

Maria: There is purple yeah. I have a small surprise for you.

Miyoung: Oh!

Maria: Yeah, you will see....

Miyoung: What is this?

Maria: Bye!
.
Maria Grazia.

Welcome back to Paris. Here's another hint for our show. Press play. Sit back and enjoy!

It doesn't get more French than this song. Édith Piaf's voice is so moving. I think I'm ready to go to the show. Shall we go? That was yet another spectacular collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri. The pieces inspired by the flower prints I saw yesterday in the archives were particulary fascinating. Once again, I loved this unforgettable experience with Dior.

See you soon in Paris!

(DIOR)