Chapter 1, Sick

Urokodaki stated, "I'm sorry the boys don't include you like they include Makomo. Don't let them affect your performance on Friday." When he said Friday, he was referring to the final selection. You replied, "It's only Giyuu. He goes out of his way to make sure everyone excludes me. I don't know why he has such an immense feeling of hatred towards me. Sometimes I want to be included by him. If that makes sense.." Sakonji nodded, "It does make sense. He most likely doesn't understand that he's hurting your feelings. Social cues aren't his thing. He sleeping now, but in the morning you should let him know how you feel." You stood up from the ground and said, "I will sir. Goodnight."

He uttered, "Goodnight y/n. Rest well please." You tip toed into the room that you, Sabito, Makomo, and Tomioka shared. They were all sleeping peacefully, so you tried to quietly slip into bed. Just as you covered yourself up, you heard Giyuu speak. "I don't feel hatred towards you." You sat up and asked, "Tomioka? You're awake?" He was facing away from you, so you couldn't see if his eyes were closed.

He questioned, "Why would you tell Mr. Urokodaki that I hate you?" You wanted to laugh. You couldn't tell if he was joking, but you were sure Giyuu didn't know what a joke was. This is the first time he's ever directly spoken to you. You stammered, "Why.. Why we're you listening to our conversation?" He stated, "You didn't answer my question. Why would you tell Sakonji that I hate you?" You replied, "This is the first time you've ever spoken to me. And you always leave me out."

He apologized, "I'm sorry I make you feel that way, please understand I would never—" You picked up a glass of water on your nightstand, and shard broke off, slicing your hand down the palm. You cried, "Ow!" Tomioka turned around and sat up quickly, all in one swift motion. Your cry must've woken up Sabito, cause he also sat up and asked, "What's wrong y/n? Are you okay?" You whispered shakily, "I'm sorry for waking you, I cut my hand." Giyuu dragged his feet over the the closet full of medical supplies. He sat down on the edge of your bed and started to wrap your hand. You thanked him, "Thank you Tomioka."

Sabito stated, "Giyuu isn't doing a good job at that. Would you like me to do it instead?" You politely replied, "If you're that eager, go ahead." Tomioka brought your hand closer to him and said, "If she thought it was sloppy, she would say so herself." You blurted, "It is a little messy Tomioka, do you mind letting Sabito try?" Giyuu started to unwrap your hand while saying, "I'll redo it myself then." Sabito snatched the athletic tape away from Tomioka and yelled, "She said she wanted me to do it freak!"

You laughed, "Hey, calm down. Nobody is a freak." But Tomioka didn't seem to find it funny. He had a certain sad look on his face. He asked, "You think I'm a freak?" Sabito shrugged, "When your being all possessive over her stupid hand, I do." Tomioka argued quietly, "I don't think I'm possessive." You agreed, "Of course. Nobody here is a freak, and nobody here is possessive." Sabito mumbled under his breath, "I disagree."

Tomioka stood up from your bed and muttered, "Goodnight you two." He slipped into his bed, facing away from both you and Sabito without another word. Sabito started to re-wrap your hand and scoffed, "He really is a freak." You turned your face away from Sabito and claimed, "He was just trying to help.. I think you should try and be nicer to him." He let go of your hand and stated, "Then have him do it." He turned around and pulled the covers overtop of himself. You looked down at your hand and then tapped him on his back. "Sabito, I'm sorry." What an absolute drama queen. The two of them need to act their age. Not like toddlers. Giyuu and him brag about how their going to be the next water pillar, sometimes it seems that's the only thing they want for their future. But if they keep acting childish, their far fetched dreams will never come true.

He jerked away from your hand and groaned, "I'm tired. Leave me be." You attempted to wrap your hand yourself. You put one end in your mouth, and wrapped your hand more messily then Tomioka did. You sighed in defeat and stood up. You couldn't just not wrap your hand, it could get infected and leave you very sick. You saw all your friends were sleeping soundly, and they needed their sleep. Mr. Urokodaki goes to bed pretty late, so he seemed to be your only option. Just as you twisted the doorknob, Makomo whispered, "I'll do it." She frightened you, so you accidentally jumped.