Chapter 11, Now

You pushed open the door, "What do you think? Sanemi's impossible. It's like the only emotion he knows is anger. If you were there and saw the way he talked to Sabito, you'd get sick." Giyuu questioned, "So if Sanemi met Sabito, I'm guessing you met Kanae. You like her?" You replied, "I couldn't tell you. I started to tear up before I could speak to her formally. If I'm being honest, I feel like Sabito's rubbing it in my face at this point. He doesn't have any compassion for me." Giyuu responded, "What does it matter? Acting depressed like this just shows how vulnerable you are."

You bitterly mumbled, "I can feel however I want. You're seriously the last person I should you talking to right now. You wouldn't understand something like this, cause you were never loved by anybody." Tomioka scolded you, "Clearly Sabito didn't love you enough! He left you for a girl that dresses up like a damn butterfly! You can mope around about how much you miss Sabito, and how much you love him, but remember you're the reason he's dead!" You screamed, "Oh yeah? I thought you were to weak to take the hand demon, and you wailed and cried about how you were afraid to die! He's dead because you're a cunt!"

You went in to punch Tomioka in the nose, but a hand stopped you just before you made contact. Makomo irritably yelled, "Damnit you two! I don't care if you're mad at Sabito, but I asked you politely to stop fighting about irrelevant things!" Sabito whispered, "At least for Makomo, please." His arm was linked with someone else's. Kanae. Giyuu testily questioned, "The hell did you bring Kanae in here for? She's the whole reason we're arguing! If you didn't rub your stupid ghost relationship in y/n's face, she wouldn't be this distraught! You know how this girl makes y/n feel! Leave you bastard! Get out of our house!"

That was the first time Giyuu had called it both of your guy's home. Not just his. And it was the first time he had stuck up for you. He said everything you've been dying to say to Sabito. Sabito didn't reply to Tomioka. He only stood in place, smiling softly. Giyuu clenched his jaw and spoke through his teeth. "Why are you still smiling, huh? What about y/n being unhappy is so amusing to you!?" Sabito calmly answered, "I wouldn't call it amusement." Tomioka took ahold of Sabito's collar, and started to shake him harshly. "What would you call it then!? Cause your still smiling like something's funny!" Sabito shook his head, "No. I'm just admiring your guy's haori's."

Giyuu un-clenched his jaw, and let go of Sabito. He yelled, "Get out prick! You and your girlfriend aren't welcome here!" Sabito, Makomo, and Kanae all took one last glance at you and Giyuu before leaving. Did Tomioka get angry like that for you? If so, for some reason it made you feel weird. It made your heart beat faster then it normally does, and it made your face feel warm too. He turned to you and stated, "Don't assume I did all of that for you. I did it for myself. You're my partner, and I can't have you worrying about stupid men while facing demons. And I'm still angry, so don't come latching onto me and weeping; for the time being.."

You replied, "I wasn't planning on it, cocksucker." He asked, "Is that what I get called for sticking up for you?" You laughed, "You just said you did that for yourself." He scoffed, "Forget it. We need to figure out a sleeping arrangement if we're going to be living together." You playfully punched his arm, "I'll let you have the bed tonight, since it's your birthday in all!" He shook his head, "No, I mean permanent sleeping arrangements." You replied, "The couch is fine for me." He started to walk away and murmur, "Good. Im glad I don't have to sleep with you, that stench makes me want to puke." You stammered, "S-Stench? What.. What do you mean? I... smell bad?"

He replied, "No. It was a joke." He stopped at the doorway of his room, his back still facing you. Tomioka turned his head to where he could see you and whispered, "Thanks for the cake, y/n." He stepped in his room, and quickly shut the door behind him. Two loud knocks came from the front door. Who could be knocking at this hour? It's 8:00pm. You stood up and walked over to the door. You twisted the doorknob and pulled it open to reveal Rengoku and Muichiro.