Chapter 6, Case

You opened the door fully. Shinobu spoke, "I just warmed up salmon daikon, do you want any?" You muttered, "Oh, uhh.. sure! Should we go back to your place and eat?" She shook her head, "I think we should eat here. It'd get cold by the time we got back. Plus, wouldn't it be rude of me to not offer Tomioka any? It's his favorite." You looked back at his room door, "Yeah I guess.. I'll go get him." She smiled politely, "Oh don't worry about that, I can do it. Would you be kind enough to bring this to the table?" She placed the 3 plates in your hands and immediately slid into yours and Giyuu's estate, heading for his room. You thought, 'How does she already know where his room is?'

You brought the plates over to the table like Shinobu asked, and patiently waited for her and Tomioka to return. And once they did, she was giggling and he has a smirk on his face. Shinobu sat down across from you, and Tomioka chose the seat next to her. Giyuu grabbed a plate from the middle of the table and thanked Shinobu, "Thank you Shinobu. This looks really good, and it smells great too." She smiled, and her face became a light pink. "You're too kind Tomioka.." You thanked her as well, "Yeah, thank you for making us such a great dinner." She slid you a plate of food and replied, "It's really not a big deal. I just assumed you couldn't cook, and I don't want the either of you to go hungry!"

You looked over at Tomioka to see what he thought about her absurd comment, but his facial expression didn't change. You could in fact cook, most likely much better than she could. How dare she imply that you'd let Tomioka or yourself go hungry. You decided to keep your mouth shut, only because you just met her, and she made you dinner. You took a bite of the daikon, and it was disgusting. Though salmon was phenomenal. Shinobu offered, "I can teach you how to cook if you'd like me to, y/n." Before you said something mean, you blurted, "I know how to cook." Shinobu seemed to be taken aback by your attitude, cause she muttered, "Oh.."

Giyuu looked up from his food and at you. He calmly said, "Y/n meant to say no thank you." You nodded, "You're right. I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive." She smiled, "It's alright. How's the food?" You replied, "It's really good, thanks again." You ate way to fast, and the daikon wasn't sitting right in your stomach. Your face must've shown that you weren't feeling well, cause Shinobu asked, "Y/n, are you okay? You don't look like you're feeling well." You stood up from your chair, "I'm just going to lay down, you two can finish eating. I'll be fine." The estates are made for one person, so Giyuu's room was the only room that had a bed, and you figured he wouldn't mind.

You made your way to his room and closed the door behind you. You plopped down on the bed and instantly started to feel sleepy and exhausted, which is normal after you eat. You pulled the covers over your head and dozed off quite quickly. You woke up an undisclosed amount of time later, and still in Giyuu's bed. You rubbed your eyes and sat up, peering at Tomioka's alarm clock on his nightstand. It read, '1 pm' You sprung out of his bed muttering, "There's no way I slept that long! There's no way I slept that long!" You rushed out of his room and shoved the front door open. Nobody was there.

You walked around, trying to find someone. Where are all of them? Your body soon rammed into someone. You looked to see it was that Mitsuri girl. Her balance must not be the greatest, cause she fell to the ground. You apologized, "I'm so sorry! How rude of me to not look where I'm going.." You held out your hand to her, and she took it while saying, "You're okay! I wasn't looking either." She rose to her feet and brushed herself off. "By the way, Shinobu and Giyuu were worried about you. They said you've been sleeping for over 14 hours. Giyuu tried to wake you up, but he said you wouldn't budge. And Shinobu said she didn't know what was wrong."

You replied, "I've never slept that long in my life before. I ate dinner, and my stomach didn't feel well after. I became sleepy and must've passed out." Mitsuri asked, "What'd you eat?" You replied, "Simmered salmon and daikon that Shinobu made me." She questioned, "Maybe the salmon was undercooked? But even if that was the case, only your stomach should've hurt; that doesn't explain why you slept for so long.." You uttered, "Now that I think of it, the daikon tasted horrible, rancid almost.." It was at that moment that you figured out what was going on. Shinobu drugged you. Mitsuri asked, "You don't think she put something in it do you? I could never imagine Shinobu doing anything like that. Though she does have a lot of medicines, and it would make sense."