Chapter 10, Delusional

You thanked him, "Thank you. I'll be going now." Giyuu was awful at comforting people. What does he hate you so much for? As you left the estate, you started to feel nervous. Was Sanemi going to get angry at you for talking about Kanae? Was he going to call you crazy for seeing dead people? He really didn't seem like the most friendly person at the pillar meeting you attended. You knocked on his door twice, *knock knock* After a few seconds the door flew open, startling you. He angrily asked, "What the hell do you want? It's 9:00am!" You apologized, "I'm sorry! I'll leave!" He yelled, "No you're not! You're going to tell me what was so important to where you had to wake me up!"

You begged, "Sanemi please don't make a scene!" He grabbed your shoulders and shook you violently, yelling, "What the hell did you come here for?!" You shouted, "I was wondering if you knew Kanae Kocho!" He let go of you and asked, "Have you been crying? Do you know her?" You shook your head, "No, not necessarily.." He stared at you for a few seconds before welcoming you inside. "Come in. Please" He pointed, "Take a seat at that table, I'll get you some tea."

You were still a bit shook about how he spoke to you. What made him think that was okay? He came back around 5 minutes later, with two mugs and a kettle. He drinks his tea out of mugs? He poured you a glass of the boiling tea and slid it to you. He sat down across from you and asked, "What do you want to know about Kanae?" You looked down at your tea and questioned, "If I ask you something, you promise to never bring it up with anyone else?" He rolled his eyes and groaned, "What, do you want me to stick my pinky out? What are we? Kids?" You stated, "Just promise me!"

He rested his chin on his hand, looking bored of you. "Fine. Whatever, I promise." You hesitantly asked, "D-Do you see her sometimes? Like does her ghost come and talk to you?" Sanemi's eyes widened. He stammered, "What.. How- How did you know that?!" You stared down at the ground and replied, "Cause it happens to me too. Just not with Kanae." He asked, "Well, who comes and visits you? What's their name?" You answered, "It's two people, and they visit both Giyuu and I. Their names are Makomo and Sabito." Sanemi set down his mug and whispered, "S-Sabito? That one that Kanae is planning to have a family with?"

You inquired, "You know about that? When did she tell you?" He replied, "Just this morning. She was telling me about how many kids their planning to have together, and that their getting married next month.." You said, "Sabito told me this morning too." Sanemi prodded, "I'm assuming you loved Sabito like I loved Kanae. Right?" You nodded in agreement, "Yeah. He passed in the final selection." Sanemi took a sip of his tea and said, "You guys were young huh? Kanae was fatally wounded by Upper Rank 2 of the twelve kizuki, Douma around 2 years ago."

You asked, "She's a good woman, right? Is she pretty and kind?" He replied, "She's a lot more than just pretty and kind. I don't blame him for falling in love with her. I wouldn't blame anyone for falling in love with her. And what about Sabito? Is he-" A woman suddenly appeared behind Sanemi. In unison you and Sanemi stated, "Behind you." You turned around to see Sabito smiling down at you. You and Shinazugawa stood up and backed away from the ghosts. You questioned, "This is the girl, Sabito? Is this Kanae?" She walked closer to you and held out her hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you, y/n." You hesitated before taking her hand.

You whispered, "It's nice to meet you too, Kanae.." Sabito tried to introduce himself to Sanemi, but he wasn't having it. Sanemi muttered, "You're so tall, and you have barely any scars. You look nothing like me!" Kanae turned towards him and said, "Sanemi, please be kind." He angrily replied, "I don't have to be anything. Get the hell out of my face!" He pushed Sabito away and stormed out. You shakily whispered, "I'm sorry you guys. I'm really not interested in talking right now." You followed Sanemi outside, and Ubuyashiki's daughter immediately called you over, "Shinazugawa, l/n, come and stand over here. It's an emergency."