Chapter 15, Fake

Time skip

Mitsuri spoke from the doorway. "I'm back." She didn't sound excited like usual. She sounded somber for you. She pulled a small cardboard box out of a plastic bag and handed it to you. You broke open the box and flicked the cap off the test. Mitsuri intervened, "Whoa, you don't have to take this right now if you don't want to. Why don't you wait until Giyuu's here? You should take this with him here." You shook your head, "I'm taking this now. I just need to show this negative test to Tomioka so he isn't angry at me anymore."

Mitsuri told, "You don't know that it's going to be negative." You walked over to her bathroom and locked yourself inside. You did your business and flipped the test over so the results weren't visible. The palms of your hands became clammy, and you started to think about all of the possible scenarios of what could happen. What if it did come back positive? Would Giyuu just leave you? Who would the water pillar be then? What will Master Ubuyashiki have to say about all of this? What would happen if Shinobu found out?

*knock knock*

Kanroji politely asked, "Are you okay in there? Can I come in?" You cleared your throat, "Sure." She poked her head in slightly before fully stepping into the bathroom. "How long has it been?" You replied, "30 seconds maybe? It takes 2 minutes." After about a minute of awkward silence Kanroji asked, "If the test is positive, what are you going to do?" That was a good question, cause you really didn't know what you'd do. Luckily, there is still a good chance you're not pregnant and everyone can forget all about this.
Mitsuri calmly said, "You should flip it over now." You reached out your shaky hand and picked it up, but in a way to where it was still facing the floor. You took a deep breath and sighed, flipping the test so you could see the results.

Two lines.

No no no no. Why did this have to happen at the worst possible time? Why are you so stupid? You let out a long awaited breath, "Fuck. How did I not know this was going to happen?" You told, "Let's just go find Giyuu. He deserves to know." You pushed open the bathroom door with the test in hand and headed for her front door. She caught up with you and exclaimed, "Uh yeah! Of course.. I think I saw him go into Shinobu's estate." You mumbled under your breath, "Of course he did. Let's just get this over with." Her estate was right next to Mitsuri's, so it took about no time for you to arrive at her doorstep.

You didn't even knock, you just barged inside. Giyuu was sitting at the counter, but before you could explain yourself Kocho was already interrogating you like some criminal. "Excuse me? There's a door for a reason, don't you mind knocking?" Giyuu stood up and said, "What is it?" You muttered, "Please, I need to talk to you privately." Nobody said a word.

Shinobu came closer to you and talked quietly, "Hey, can't you wait? We were having breakfast together and you interrupted." Shinobu's a freak. You questioned, "What? Was it a date?" Her face became flush. "I- I don't even know why you'd suggest-" Tomioka blurted, "Doesn't matter. Stop wasting my time!" You nodded, "Sorry. Can we just step outside for a moment?" You hid the test in the palm of your hand and made your way to the front door and stepped outside. He stepped outside after you, and you both watched the door close on its own. He turned to you and demanded, "Hurry this the hell up."

You felt too sick to speak, so you handed him the test. As soon as it left your hand, you felt your eyes start to sting again. He closely examined it for what felt like an eternity. He asked, "What am I supposed to do about this?" You didn't say anything. Giyuu leaned in and lowered his voice, "Shinobu might have some morning after pills." No no no. What the hell is he saying? You don't want to get rid of the baby. You uttered, "Wha... What? You're saying you don't want to keep it?" He angrily replied, "Of course that's what I'm saying!"

You argued, "That's not happening. We're gonna keep the baby, and you're going to take care of it." He pushed you aggressively and asked, "You want to ruin my whole life because you think kids are cute?!" You covered his mouth and whispered, "Are you aware of how loud you're talking? Everyone heard that!" He ripped your hand off of his mouth and exclaimed, "I don't care! Imagine how badly Mr. Urokodaki would have scolded us if he were still alive!" There was silence for a few moments, and Tomioka looked around to make sure no one was listening. "Look, you can't have that baby, but there's no chance I'm taking care of it."