Chapter 9, Family

You stood up rubbing your eyes, and Sabito was still there. You walked towards him, and noticed that it looks like he's grown. He's your age. You stuck your hand out and touched his face. Your hand surprisingly didn't go though him. You could feel his skin on your fingertips. You instinctively pulled him in for a hug and whispered, "Are you really here? You're not dead?" He hugged you back and said, "I am. I just thought I should come and visit. I don't like it when you and Tomioka fight." You hugged him tighter, "I love you." He placed his hand on the back of your head and said, "Rengoku is a good man. You know that?" How come he didn't say it back?

You nodded and asked, "Where's Makomo?" She muttered from behind Sabito, "I'm right here." She too had aged, but was still very short. You picked her up by her shoulders and hugged her tightly. "I've missed you so much! You look so pretty, just like I remember!" She giggled while hugging you back. "Mitsuri seems like a good friend y/n. She's very upbeat isn't she?" You looked back at Tomioka, who was still frozen with shock. Sabito laughed, "Aren't you going to hug me, freak?" Giyuu walked up to him and held out his hand. Sabito firmly shook it while pulling him in for a hug. Giyuu whispered, "I'm so sorry."

Sabito held out one arm, wanting you and Makomo to join in on the hug. So you did. Makomo whispered, "We have to go now. Please get along you two." Sabito spoke as he faded away, "Goodbye Giyuu, goodbye y/n." All you could whisper through tears was, "Don't leave. Don't leave!" You shut your eyes and continued to hug them. After a good minute, Tomioka whispered, "Y/n, they're gone." You opened your eyes to see you were hugging Giyuu tightly, and he was hugging you back.

You stepped away from Tomioka and stuttered, "W-What was that? We're we just talking to each other? We're we seeing things?" Tomioka shook his head, "No, they were here, I swear." You heard a voice call, "Hey, what are you guys doing?" It was Rengoku. Your turned around to see him only in pajama pants. Tomioka groaned, "Put on a damn shirt." Rengoku looked down at his toned abs and asked, "What's the matter Tomioka? Y/n didn't have a problem with it last night." Giyuu looked at you and questioned, "Did you have a problem with it?"

You're face was warm, and very red. You were too flustered too speak, let alone deny his question. All you could murmur was, "I-" But Giyuu cut you off before you could finish your sentence. "My copartner can't have a boyfriend. Boys are distractions, Kyojuro. Stay away or else." Then he started stomping away. You followed behind Giyuu and yelled, "Hey, we're not dating!"

He muttered, "Yeah right. You don't get to speak or look at him anymore. If he's going to be a distraction to you while fighting then I suggest you follow my orders. Stay away from him." You caught up to Giyuu and held his arm, "Why do you care so much anyway? You're being irrational He's my friend!" He pulled his arm away from you and said, "I don't care if I'm being irrational. You belong with Sabito, he-" Was he back on this? Sabito? You raised your voice, "Obviously I do! You're just-" He shouted, "Stop yelling damnit!" You heinously said, "I could be with Sabito if he wasn't stupid enough to sacrifice himself for someone like you."

He rolled his eyes, "My god, dramatic much? Stop being a-" Shinobu yelled, "What the hell are you two arguing about?!" You noticed she wasn't in her kimono, instead wearing Giyuu's. You asked Tomioka, "Where are her clothes? Why is she wearing that?" His eyes widened at the sight of her. He also looked like he didn't know why she was wearing that. He mumbled, "Give me a second." He walked towards her, and pushed her inside. He slammed the door behind him, and you couldn't help but put your ear up to it.

Tomioka asked, "Why are you wearing my haori? And where is yours? Y/n probably thinks we slept together!" She apologized, "Sorry, I needed to change. I couldn't find anything else." He stated, "Well go get your kimono from out of my room, and change back into it. Put my haori in the wash while your at it. Germs are a thing." Shinobu asked, "You don't think I look nice in it?" He backtracked, "Uh, sure? I just want it back." You leaned up against the door to quickly find out it wasn't locked. You flopped onto the floor, right in the middle of their conversation. You whined, "I'm sorry. I just need to grab my- my uh... My socks." Shinobu stated, "You know eavesdropping is creepy, right?" You replied, "I find it creepy you're still even here."