Chapter 14, Fault

You wrapped your arms around him and cried, "We never visited him like we promised we would.. He was the last person that actually loved me. He was the only person I had left!" Giyuu pushed you off of him and whispered, "Don't hug me. Just get your ass inside before someone sees you crying like a baby." He was speaking as if his voice wasn't cracking too. You immediately stepped inside and rubbed your eyes. Tomioka told, "Ill go warm up some soup or something." You nodded while flopping onto his couch. You were in denial. What could've killed such a strong proud man? Was it illness? It had to be. No demon could ever come close to killing Mr. Urokodaki besides Muzan Kibutsuji himself.

But you refuse to believe Muzan would target an old man that doesn't even fight demons anymore. He must've been ill. Even if he was, why wouldn't he have written you a letter? You would've been delighted to go and take care of him. Why so suddenly? You were snapped out of your thoughts by a distinct smell. It was the smell of Urokodaki's infamous soup. Another tear rolled down your cheek. You thought you'd never be able to have his soup again. Did Giyuu heat his soup up just for you? He walked out of the kitchen holding two bowls. He said, "I heated up some of his soup for us." He set the steaming bowl in your lap and sat down on the couch next to you, still leaving some distance.

You bet if Mr. Urokodaki made the soup himself, it would taste much better. Your tears rolled off of your cheeks and into the soup. You sniffled and wiped your eyes. You had no appetite. Tomioka must have noticed you were eating, because he asked, "W-Why aren't you eating?" He sounded like he was still crying too. You scooted closer to him and slid your arms around his waist. You cried, "Please forget anything mean I've ever said to you. I love you just as much as Urokodaki, now that he's gone, you're more important to me that anyone else." Was that too much? Does he know that you have a crush on him now? He nodded slowly.

He shakily muttered, "I... I understand." He stayed silent for a few moments. "Get off me please." He must really not like hugs. Or maybe it's just you. You scooted away from him and stood up. He picked at the veggies in his soup and mumbled, "Go have a family or something. This place makes everyone miserable, so leave." You made eye contact with him, "I just poured my heart out and now you're telling me to leave? All I've been is nice and somehow it still isn't good enough for you."

You paused, "And there's no reason to be talking about family when it's not going to happen anytime soon. Stop mentioning it." You started to walk away in frustration. Just because you're crying like a baby doesn't mean he should treat you like one. He stood up and blurted, "If you don't think you're good enough for me then . . ." You tuned him out. You we're done listening to him. You'd rather get drunk and forget all of this. You shuffled over to his highest cabinet and opened it. There was nothing. He questioned, "What are you looking for?" You immediately replied, "Liquor." He scolded you, "Getting drunk isn't a good coping mechanism at all. Absolutely not. And what makes you think I'd waste fine liquor on you?"

He was acting like you have a problem, which you don't. You turned to him, and you saw he looked conflicted. He sighed and muttered, "The hard liquor is in the other high cabinet." You glared at him for a few seconds. You asked, "You want some too, right?" He ignored you and walked up to the cabinet, carelessly pulling it open and grabbing two full bottles of tequila. He demanded, "Now chug." Say less. You both quickly twisted open the bottle and put your lips up to the rim. Usually before drinking liquor this hard, you smell it and gag, or stall before taking a sip, but not this time.

You tilted your head back and let the gross tasting alcohol slide into your mouth and down your throat. 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot, 4 shot. You ripped the bottle from your lips and gagged, "Fuck.." You turned your head to where you could see Giyuu. You murmured, "What'd you get to?" He plopped down on his butt and wiped his mouth groaning, "5.. You?" You sat down next to him and leaned up against the counter. "Only 4." He told, "Looks like you'll have to get 5 this round." He picked up his bottle and put it up to his lips, and you did the same. You chugged, 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot, 4 shot, 5 shot, 6 shot. You covered your mouth to stop the tequila from coming back out. Tears filled at the corner of your eyes. This is disgusting.