Chapter 19, Kids

Time skip (3 months)

Giyuu has been gone for awhile now. You're not depressed about it, because girls that are depressed without their Prince Charming are pathetic. You didn't think you were pathetic before Giyuu left. It's not that you couldn't get out of bed, it was just a chore now. Living is a chore now. You didn't realize Tomioka was the reason you got up every day until he left. You feel physically sick without him. But what does that matter? Life still has to go on even if you don't want it to.

While eating dinner that night, you wondered why your crow hasn't given you a mission since Giyuu's been gone. Is it because you can't focus? All you can focus on is him, especially when there is nothing to do. The only thing you are occupied with is pillar training. The kids are really nice, but you weren't really sure if they liked you. You train them quite hard. It's pretty lonely in this estate. Who knew having a house to yourself wasn't that great after all. It's not that you had no human interaction. You worked with the kids apart of the Demon Slayer Corp every day. Obanai visited you every once in awhile. Mitsuri didn't. The night Giyuu went away, you yelled at her pretty bad. She cried and told you it wasn't his fault for just wanting some friends, to which she's correct. But why she was defending him while knowing the things he said was beyond you. Also, when Obanai comes over, it's a little awkward. He tries to be nice when he's just not that type of person.

You were grateful that he cared enough to come though. To your surprise, Shinobu visited you once. You guys talked for a long time. You didn't even argue, just talk. She apologized for being rude, but she explained how Giyuu was her friend and her crush before you came along. She also told you that she isn't a mean person, and love can just make you crazy sometimes. She asked you to understand where she was coming from, and you did. You were ashamed you've never put yourself in her shoes before.

Sometimes during Iguro's occasional visits, you guys would watch a movie. You always let him pick, because you were well aware he probably doesn't even want to be there anyway. So you were okay with watching a movie he liked. He most likely visits you out of pity, but you didn't even care. It was nice to have an adult to talk to atleast once a week. You were 100% sure Mitsuri hated Obanai visiting you, but she never said anything about it to you at least cause she probably thinks you're an unfortunate person.

Anyway.

To get your mind off of Giyuu, you tried to find a hobby, or something your good at. Playing an instrument would be pretty cool, but your hand eye coordination is trash, even while being a demon slayer. That was fine. You remembered that you liked to draw a lot when you were a kid, so the next time you stopped at the market, you picked up colored pencils and a notepad. You sat in your bed and started to draw. You were pretty good at drawing the ocean. But that reminds you of Giyuu. He used water breathing.. It's fine, you could just draw the opposite. Fire. But as you picked up the red colored pencil, you couldn't help but think about how that was Giyuu's favorite color.

Whatever. You tried to think of something that you enjoy. Your favorite animal is a cat. But how could you forget that you and Giyuu share the same favorite animal? What's a different animal that would work? Butterflies are pretty. But you and Giyuu used to chase them around together when you were young. Well, something else that you liked was nature, and you didn't see any connection from nature to Giyuu. You smirked and sketched out a tree on your notepad. You were happy you were able to find something that didn't relate to him. But the more you stared at the sketch, the more you realized it looked like the tree that you and Tomioka saved Kōji from. Your brain found away to connect everything to Giyuu. You ripped the piece of paper out of your notebook and crumpled it in pure anger.

You stood up and slid your arms into your haori. Giyuu had the same one. You we're going on a walk to get him off your mind. If that was even possible. You stepped outside, and the weather was really nice. May had to be one of your favorite months. It was still warm out, even in the night. You hated the cold months. You heard some commotion going on, but you couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from. You squinted your eyes, because your eyesight wasn't the best. You saw Master Ubuyashiki standing infront of his mansion, and he was glaring at some man who was at his knees. Was some beggar harassing Kagaya?