Chapter 2, Enjoyed

You followed him back out to the kitchen. Urokodaki questioned, "Sabito, why are you so red?" Sabito gently touched his own face and shouted, "What?! I'm not!" Makomo squealed, "The conversation you two had was the cutest thing ever!" They heard all that? Shit. Sabito stuttered, "W..What are you t-talking about?! We- I.. Ugh!" He stormed off into the bedroom, leaving the attention on you now. Sakonji asked, "So, y/n. You think Sabito's handsome?" You looked down to the floor and muttered, "I mean, yeah.. Were we speaking that loud?" Makomo ignored your question and demanded, "Come sit down!"

You dragged your feet over to the table and pulled out a chair next to Urokodaki. He told, "I advised Sabito to tell you his feelings today because-" You interrupted your instructor and asked, "You mean you told him to do this?" Makomo added, "Not necessarily. He's had a huge crush on you, and we advised him to tell you today, cause you know. The final selection." You asked again, "You all knew?" Tomioka spoke up, "I didn't. He didn't tell me." You almost forgot Tomioka was there; he's been so quiet. You questioned, "That's surprising, why wouldn't he tell you?" He stood up from his chair and walked away saying, "I don't know. Ask him. Cause he's your boyfriend now, or whatever you're calling each other."

You looked at Makomo and pleaded, "Is that what this means? Sabito's my.. boyfriend?" Makomo laughed, "Duh! What'd you think it meant?" You shrugged, "I don't know. But we're only 15" Makomo told, "I think that's old enough to have a boyfriend." After a few moments of awkward silence, you asked Sakonji, "Mr. Urokodaki? When did you start dating?" He scratched the back of his head and uttered, "Uhm.. I uh, I didn't date." You and Makomo shouted, "Really!?" In unison. Makomo scooted up in her chair, "Is that why you wear a mask? Are you ugly?" You hit her on the arm and shouted, "Hey! Nobody is ugly. Don't say that about Mr. Urokodaki."

Sakonji was actually laughing. He stated, "I can show you two my face if you really desire." You yelled, "Yes!" And Makomo nodded in agreement. He brought his hands up the the back of his mask, untying it. He asked, "You girls promise to not tell the boys?" Makomo exclaimed, "We promise!" As the mask fell off his face, nor you or Makomo made a single noise for a few seconds. You whispered, "I told you he isn't ugly." Makomo said, "Mr Urokodaki, you're not ugly. Why do you hide your face? There's nothing wrong with it." He replied, "Demons say my face is too gentle and kind." You picked up his mask off the table, examining it, "I guess that makes sense why your mask looks like this then. This is the exact opposite of gentle and kind."

Makomo questioned, "Why do you let stupid demons change the way you look at yourself?" He grabbed the mask out of your hands and started to put it back on. Ignoring Makomo's question, he asked, "Y/n, could you tie this back on my head?" You nodded, "Of course sir." You stood up and started to tie a knot. Makomo seemed to be angry he didn't answer her question, cause she leaned in to say, "You'd be livid if I let even a human change the way I look at myself! Why is it different for you?" You rolled your eyes, "Makomo, if he feels comfortable with it, it shouldn't be an issue."

Sabito then came out of the bedroom and asked, "What's going on? Y/n, why are you tying his mask? Did you see his face?" Before Makomo could blurt something stupid, you replied, "No, it fell off. He made sure we didn't see."

At dinner that night, you sat in between Makomo and Sabito like you did for breakfast. Sabito was sure to make Urokodaki's mask the topic of discussion. He shouted, "Tomioka! I swear they saw his face! You have to believe me!" Giyuu rolled his eyes and said, "Be quiet. You're shouting again." Sabito's excitement turned into confusion as he argued, "What? I wasn't shouting!" Tomioka stated, "You just did it again." You could tell Sabito was getting angry by the tone in his voice. "That's just the way I talk. Sorry I don't mumble under my breath all the time like you." Giyuu shrugged, "It's the way you talk in general. You use hurtful words and your always screaming. Are you trying to break my ear drums?"