Chapter 20, Stronger

He's the one that killed Rengoku. Akaza is crazy strong. You were frozen in fear. Were you going to die? Akaza said, "I've heard a lot about the water pillar. Which one of you is that?" You and Giyuu glanced at each other. You decided not to answer, because he doesn't deserve answers to any of his stupid questions after the pain and suffering he's caused so many people. You asked, "Where are my students?" Akaza surprisingly didn't get angry at you for ignoring his question. He replied, "In good hands." In the few seconds of silence after he said that, you heard children screaming and wailing. Your eyes widened and you clenched your katana tighter in your hand.

You uttered, "T-They're just kids. What are you doing to them!?" Akaza shook his head. "I'm not doing anything to your students. Why don't you go find out who is?" You questioned, "Why? Don't you want to kill me?" Akaza looked around with embarrassment. "I don't eat women." You asked, "Is that a joke?" He shook his head no in reply. You wanted to be the one to kill this demon. But in order to kill him he has to be trying to kill you. You taunted him, "Is that because of your wife, Koyuki? Do you not kill women because she was killed by-" Akaza mumbled, "H...Huh? How do you know about- K-Koyuki?" He paused, but then got angry. He screamed out, "You're one goddamn exception! I'm going to kill you, but I'm going to make you suffer first!"

You and Giyuu held your katana's out infront of you. Giyuu on his own is no match for Akaza, and neither are you. Together, you're still probably no match, but it's worth a shot. If Akaza met with your students, they'd all be dead. But a familiar face rounded the corner. You think his name is Tanjiro. Giyuu told you he defeated the hand demon all on his own, the one that killed Sabito and Makomo. So that means he was stronger then you were at his age, you ran away like a coward. But the hand demon isn't even a comparison to Akaza.

Having Tanjiro there didn't stop Akaza from from attacking you. He shouted in a fit of rage, "Obliteration style!" He jumped really high, and really far forward. He was jumping to you. He got his fist ready to punch your head off, and you froze. The only muscle in your body that was moving was you hands, cause they were shaking. You almost lost grip of your katana, but clenched it tight. Your only form of defense is the eleventh form of water breathing that Giyuu taught you. You lowered the tip of your katana to the ground and shouted while you shut your eyes. "Dead calm!" You opened your eyes, expecting to see a pool of calm water, but Akaza was still flying towards you. Had you not mastered dead calm yet? But you've done it so well while training. Does Dead Calm not work on him? You didn't have any time to try another form, Akaza was too close.

Luckily, Giyuu was just beside you. He raised his katana above his head and cut Akaza's arm off before his fist made contact with your face. He pulled you behind him and muttered, "Could you try to stay alive?" Akaza mocked you, "Are you hiding now? Your weak defense doesn't work on me!" He arm regenerated by the time he finished his sentence. You didn't say anything. Akaza spoke to Giyuu, "Your swordsmanship finely developed. What's your name?" Giyuu replied, "I'm not telling you. You don't deserve to know."

To your astonishment, Makomo and Sabito appeared. Tanjiro's eyes lit up. Does he know them too? Sabito placed one of his hands on your shoulder and his other hand on Giyuu's shoulder. Sabito said, "You've wasted too much time talking. Fight him." Makomo walked away to go give advice to Kamado. Akaza looked confused. Sabito continued, "Muzan's here to kill all of the pillars and the rest of the demon slayers. Tonight is the night he dies, even if it means tonight is the night you die too. After this, no more families will have to end up like ours did. No more kids will lose their lives trying to prove their worth something. No more demons." Akaza asked, "And who are you? Where the hell did you come from?"

Sabito looked up at Akaza. He ignored his question and blurted, "Koyuki wanted to see you. She misses you." Akaza shook his head. "That's not possible! She's dead. How do you know her anyway!?" Just as he said that, Koyuki appeared beside Sabito. She screamed out, "Hakuji! I'm so sorry for leaving you on this earth by yourself! I'm sorry I'm sorry!" She ran to him so fast they crashed into eachother. Akaza was dumbfounded. His eyes were wide and teary. He took ahold of her face and examined it closely. He stuttered, "I-It's really you?" She cried, "Yes. I'm dead, but it's still me! I've missed you so much! I've been waiting and waiting for you to pass away so we could live in heaven together but the day never came! Where have you been? Why haven't you aged? Why aren't you dead!?"