CHAPTER 48

Aurora Rossi
A few weeks later.

It's been a hectic day so far. I've been working on finding my father's killers and it's been a long and annoying process. So far I've killed 3 men that work for the Russians and I've gotten hints that it was one of my men.

My men knew that betraying me meant slowly killing yourself. It's like committing suicide and it just doesn't work.

Ally was the person I needed but she seemed too distracted or too busy.

"You called for me?" she asked while walking inside my home office.

"You've been hiding from me, WHY?"

"I'm not hiding big sister just been sorting out problems." she said

"What problems huh?" I asked making her shift uncomfortably.

"It's not a huge deal sis it's not important." she said shutting the conversation down.

Ally was always a bad liar and it made her very vulnerable. These type of situations were my favorite as I've been trained pretty damn well to know how to handle them.

She was still is my little sister and I wasn't going to force her to confess her dark secrets, I'd wait for her.

"Ally I'm not pushing but you haven't talked to me since papa passed."

"What's going on little sister? What have you done?" I asked

"Nothing." she said coldly.

I think my heart broke from hearing how cold her words were, she was always the sweetest version than me the more playful and now she'd turned cold.

"I have to go Aurora or should I call you boss."

"Never call me by formality, I'm still your sister."I told her as she walked out my office.
________________

" I think Ally is in some kind of trouble with the Russian mafia." I announced making all my trusted friends and family look up to me.

"She won't talk to me. So we need her to confide in someone else that's not her sister or boss." I said

"What do you mean honey?" my mother asked. "I mean we need to figure out what Ally had to do with the shootout that happened on my wedding day mama" I said sternly.

"Wait is she involved?" Anna asked bluntly.

"I don't know and I hope not." I said sternly.

"My daughter wouldn't..."

"Ma, I don't want to believe it as well but out of all the men that I've questioned all of them mention her involvement."

"That's betrayal if it's true." my mother said as a tear fell down her soft cheek.

"I have to find that killer mama, my men need that closure that I found the killer that took their Don and I have to find the person that took my father from me. Don't you want to find who took your husband from you?" I said in almost a whisper.

"What do you need?" Luca asked rubbing my back as I stood.

"Whiskey" I said coldly.

"Find whoever was responsible and whoever helped make that assassination happen."my mother said coldly.

"We'll back you up always" Gianna said with her warm loving voice.

"Sì caro (Yes dear)" Nonna said kissing the side of my head.

The parents weren't in every meeting but I needed their advice on this one. My sister might be involved or responsible for the death of my father and Don. That's a big crime in the underworld and it's not left unpunished.