Reunion in Water

"No, no, I don't want to!" I thrashed against two Nazi soldiers who dragged me into a lab room. Kicking my legs out I try and break free from them but they are much stronger than I am at 14 years old. The pair handcuffs me down on a cold table where I can't move my arms and legs at all to escape. The doors opened where I see a young boy my age getting brought in by two more guards. The doctor I recognized as Shaw I think his name is instructed the boy. "Use your powers on her. I want to see if she can stop you." The boy glanced at me and slowly raised his hand making me wince. The restraints are made of metal and so they tightened down on my limbs. "Agh!" I cry out in a high scream clutching my hands into fists feeling some power surging through my veins. Shaw clapped his hands together in happiness when a yellow glow breaks through the metal and I finally managed to sit up. "I'll keep an eye on you, Ms. Deerfield." Before I could reply a needle goes into my neck and all I see is darkness.

"Aurora. Aurora, are you alright. What's going on!" Opening my eyes I screamed seeing all the objects and myself levitating in the air glowing a gold color. Someone banged on the closed door of my room in Charles's house. A house that looks like a massive castle or mansion you read about it books. "Charles!" I cry out suddenly falling down harshly onto the bed. The bed hit the wooden floor causing a huge commotion through the house. The door gets elbowed opened by Charles who grunts getting to his feet, rubbing his sore arm walking quickly to my bedside. "You're thoughts were so load I could hear them through the whole house. Are you hurt or anything?" He asked sitting on the foot of the bed, concern written all over his face. I didn't realize I was crying until he hands a tissue from his pocket so I can blow my nose. "I'm sorry I woke you it's just - nevermind you don't want to hear my problems. I'm a monster anyways." I start to roll underneath the covers but he gently grabs my shoulders holding me still in place. "Did Shaw tell you that, love?" He asked softness in his tone wiping away a tear that falls down my cheek with his thumb.

My eyes fell to my lap with a sad expression on my face. I'm not sure it's safe to tell him about my past. I've only just met this guy could I honestly trust that he wouldn't hurt me afterwards. Or turn me over to Shaw to re-start the experiments again. "Charles, I - I'm not really comfortable telling you about - my past. You see...the nightmares are just too...terrible." Before I could say anything else he pulls my face into his chest running a hand through my hair just sitting I'm silence until something crossed his mind. "We have to go. The agent from the CIA had a lead on Shaw." He got to his feet and I get to my feet grabbing my black jacket and my combat boots at the front door. Raven decided to stay back at the house so it leaves me and Charles alone with a bunch of coast guard agents on a boat.

I pull part of my hair back leaving the rest of it loose down my back. Feeling the wind and the salty sea water filling my nose. Charles lowered his fingers from his temple grunting where he spoke. "I never felt this before. I can actually feel her inside my mind. I'm sorry I won't be much help tonight." Suddenly the waves get thrown forward and drown the agents on a boat heading for Shaw. Charles grabbed my forearm pulling me down the stairs to the lower deck until I gasped feeling a prescence I haven't in years. Closing my eyes I can hear their thoughts in my mind. "This ends tonight." Charles lowered his hand heading back outside where I followed after him. Grasping the railing on the ship I flick my gaze around hearing something crash into Shaw's ship. Then the sound moves where I could see it was the ships anchor and that's when I knew exactly who it was. Because there's only one guy I know who can move metal, Erik Lehnsherr is back in my life.

Spinning around on my feet I start untying my boots and kicking them off which Charles noticed. "Aurora, what are you doing?" He tried to grab my arm stopping me but I throw my hand up shoving him back a little with my energy force. Running down the ship I start breathing heavily I closed my eyes remembering the night we escaped Shaw. The night he saved me from drowning. I start running again where some agents tried to stop me but I knocked them out the same way I did Charles. I picked up enough speed jumping over the metal railing splashing down into the water. "Aurora!" Charles hollered racing after me once I hit the water. Kicking my arms and legs I swim underneath the water hearing Erik's voice getting stronger in my head. But he is too focused on holding the sumerin in its place so Shaw can't escape. I almost get to him but I gasp needing air so I have to swim up, gasping for air I heard someone else splashed into the water. Seconds later I see Erik and Charles pop their heads above water gasping for air as well. "You were in my head. How'd you do that?" Erik moved his arms trying to keep his head above water confused at who the guy was, yet to notice me there too.

"You have your tricks I have mine. I'm like you. Just calm your mind." Charles kicked his legs keeping his head above water. I moved my arms and legs around still apparently not good at swimming yet, but I haven't been trying to teach myself or anything for four years. "I thought I was alone...Rora it's you?" Erik gasped eyes locking on me over Charles's shoulder. Shaking my head I struggled to move my hair out of my eyes smiling at seeing him finally again. "You're not alone. Erik, you're not alone." Charles said swimming towards a small boat that would take us back to the ship to get warm. "I never thought I'd see you again, E...come on I can't do this forever." I struggled to swim to the boat so Charles and another agent pulled me up into the boat. Erik dropped down beside me suddenly wrapping an arm around me and I lay my head on his wet shirt. "I'm to see you too, Aurora...don't worry I'll get him." I felt eyes trained on us and I feel my cheeks turn red at little knowing it's Charles inside my mind.

Comments really appreciated :)