Convincing Erik

Someone shakes me awake from a deep sleep I was having in my room of the CIA facility in Washington DC. Blinking my eyes opened a couple of times I yawned. "Erik, what time is it?" He's holding one of the governments folders in his arm with his other hand he pulled me out of the bed. "It's time to go. I got what we need and you're the only person I trust. Now come." Tossing me a jacket to put on where I can barely get my arms in the sleeves before he's dragging me through hallways again. My mind flashes back to the night we escaped Shaw's facility until we're outside and he opened the folder flipping through information on the man he wanted killed. Foosteps approached behind me as I wrap my arms around myself hoping to get warmer. "What I know about you and Aurora I'm suprised you managed to stay this long." Erik closed the folder glancing over his shoulder back at Charles when I fully turned around to face the Telepath in front of us. "What do you know about me?" He questioned him getting a simple response back. "Everything."

"So then you've seen all the...torture?" I stuttered out feeling chills run down my spine as the thoughts reappear in the front of my mind. Charles puts his hands in the pockets of his pants slowly walking towards me. I don't have to see inside his mind to see the sadness in his eyes when he spoke. "I've only see Erik's memories. Yours, love. Well I can feel the weight they have on you. But I can't physically see the images in my mind. I've actually never had this happen before, it's quite extraordinary actually." Abruptly I get yanked backwards from him and behind Erik's chest with him shielding me from him. "We don't need your help!" He scoffed making Charles shake his head. "Don't kid yourself. You needed my help last night. Besides it not just me you'd be walking away from. Here you have the chance to be apart of something much bigger than yourself...And have you even asked Aurora if she wanted to go with you." Erik and I shared a look when he replies to the man. "She trusts me that's all that matters." My eyes fell back on Charles sending him a thought through my mind to his. "He's the very reason I am alive. I might explain it to you someday. If I ever learn to trust you like I do him." Charles nodded his head back to my message turning to walk away from us. "I won't stop you leaving. I could, but I won't." Hearing him say those words makes my heart flutter a little.

I have gotten used to never have a choice in what I did. Being a lab rat for the majority of my life then to hear him say that. To give us the choice makes me feel something I've never felt before, Raven will freak out if she ever knew. The next morning Hank a mutant at the facility takes us up some stairs to a machine that would allow Charles to find other mutants around the world. Charles puts the machine on his head when I stood by his sister. Erik chuckled out pointing to him. "What an adorable lab rat you make." The Telepath thinks nothing of it. "Don't spoil this for me, Erik." Erik shrugged his shoulders resting a hand on my back. "We've been lab rats. I know one when I see one." Hank flipped some switches on asking Charles. "Are you sure we can't shave your head?" He immediately replied back sternly. "Don't touch my hair." I completely agreed with his statement. He had cute hair that makes him attractive, plus I didn't mind hearing him talk with that accent of his. Someone nudged me in my hip breaking me from my trance. "You're staring at him. I think I know what that means." Raven sang low enough in my ear only I heard. My cheeks flush red when Erik asked sensing my nervousness. "Rora, are you alright?" Swallowing a little lump in my throat I nodded just as the machine started writing down the coordinates of where any mutant was around the world.

For the next few days Charles and Erik had left Raven and I by ourselves going to gather mutants for the program. Shrugging on a short grey shirt and some leggings I went to the kitchen grabbing a bag of chips. "So you gonna ask my brother out yet?" I jumped off the ground a little almost ripping the bag completely opened and making a mess on the floor. "Geez Raven. You nearly gave me a heart attack." She moved from her spot of hiding behind the large fridge, hoisting herself up to sit on the kitchen table with a weak smile. "Sorry, I just think you two would be cute together. Plus the night we met he couldn't take his eyes off you." Popping some chips in my mouth I sit down in one of the kitchen table chairs eyeing the girl. I wish I could be hopeful like her but hope was taken from me too long ago. During the last World War I had seen families ripped apart because some of the kids ended up in the labs with me and Erik. It was from then on Erik and I made our pack. I've never let a guy hold my heart before which is why I'm hesitant to tell Charles even the tiniest bit about myself. "Raven, I'm not sure about what I feel. I mean I've never been in a relationship before in my life." I tossed the empty bag of chips into the trashcan in the corner with a heavy sigh.

"Well I've never had a boyfriend either. So we're basically in the same boat...except you don't have to hide." She slumped her shoulders resting her chin in the palm of her left hand. Currently she's sitting in front of me using her power to look like a normal blonde girl. Instead of showing her true form which was blue skin and red hair, at least that's what she told me she looked like underneath. Reaching up with my right hand I rested it ontop of her freehand making her look me in the eye. "If I'm being honest, I'm hiding too. I'm afraid that the world only sees me as...a monster. That I'm a freak for being born differently..." In that moment we had both found someone who understood, someone who we could call a friend. Raven jumps off the kitchen her dress swaying a bit when she throws her arms around me in a hug. At first I'm suprised but this time I actually do hug the girl back with a smile on my face. A few minutes later she broke the hug moving hair behind her ear still smiling. "You don't have to do anything about what I'm saying unless you want to. But my brother isn't going to call you a freak. Even though he doesn't have to hide all the time. He still feels something for you." Raising my brows to the blonde I dared to ask the question. "How do you know exactly?" She pats me on the shoulder exiting the room leaving me stunned for a little while. "Because he told me after he brought you and Erik back here. He said he was a little jealous when Erik called you, Rora."

Comments really appreciated :)