She's Our Family

Hope's POV
Stomping through the school hallways I entered my father's office being able to hear his concerned thoughts. Mom had went out for a walk late last night but didn't come back. We knew better than to assume she would go into town by herself. She's pregnant and gets tired more often then she normally would if she wasn't. Closing the door behind me I leaned against it seeing my father sitting in his wheelchair. If he still had his hair he would be frantically running his fingers through it. But now he just squinted his brows together deep in thought. "Dad, it's going to be okay." I try to reassure him but he spins my mother's ring in between his fingers. It was left alone on the lawn and she wouldn't have taken it off so that's how we knew something was wrong. "No its sweetheart...it's my fault. I should have went with her!"

Walking forward I leaned the palms of my hands on his desk seeing that he had given up on grading the students papers. My hair falls over my shoulders where I sighed heavily. "Dad, you couldn't have known. She should be able to walk around our house by herself. You always say that humans and mutants should exist together." He lays his head on the desk before the office door gets flung opened almost bending the metal holding it to the wall. Spinning around on my feet I sucked in a breath seeing my uncle Erik standing in the doorway chest heaving up and down. He strides up to me hands bawled into fists at his sides. "Charles, why are we sitting around. We should be tearing the world apart to find Aurora. She's my family!" His jsw is clenched when I met his eyes. My mother is basically his sister and like he said he would destroy the world until she was safe once again.

"He's...um a mess right now. I don't think he could find her with Cerbro if he tried." I shrugged my shoulders seeing my father still with his head laying on his desk. One hand clutching the ring tightly. I have never seen him like this but it just shows how much he loves her. My uncle glanced down at me where I entered his mind shaking my head no. "You could control Cerbro." Crossing my arms over my chest I scoffed. "Erik, I can't do that. I'm not as strong as my father-" He cuts me off gently grabbing my shoulders locking gazes with me. "Yes you can little Hope. You are your fathers daughter. It's in your heart." Slumping my shoulders I push hair from my eyes before the three of us headed through the school. My father scanned his eyes so the door opened and we entered the room. Clutching my hands into fists the last time we were in this room is when Alex Summers died. Picking up the helmet I released a breath sitting down and putting it on my head.

I gasped causing the white and red voices of all the humans and mutants around the world talking all at once. Uncle Erik glanced around the room in awe. My father rolled up resting a hand on my shoulder so I'd stop death gripping the armrest in my hands. "Easy sweetheart. Just close your eyes and think of your mother's voice. That's the only one that's important." He whispered in my ear where I released a breath locking onto her mind. Opening my eyes again I was standing inside wherever my mother was which is some sort of bar. Looking around there's nobody else there except for a man with dark brown hair. "I'm Aurora. Aurora Xavier. Who are you stranger?" The man spit out his drink bugging his eyes out at her with a stunned look on his face. "Golden Flare...it's you." Tilting my head to the side I didn't recognize that nickname as much as I should. Through their conversation I picked up on the man's name which is Logan.

Shifting in the seat I pulled my helmet off running my fingers through my hair. My father turned the chair I'm sitting I'm so I could face him. He rests a hand on my knee searching over my form. "Did you find her. Is she in trouble?" I could hear the concern laced in his voice. Uncle Erik placed a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm his friend down. "She's okay. She's with a man...a man named Logan." My father knitted his brows together squeezing his fingers on my knee. By the look on his face I could tell he knew that name somehow. "You know him don't you. Dad, who is he?" I questioned as we exited Cerbro heading to the airplane that Hank had created. The door opened for me to see Aunt Raven and Hank were standing outside of it. "We're going to find my best friend and you can't talk us out of this!" She said through determination in her natural blue form arms crossed over her chest.
Hank started up the airplane once helping my father onto the airplane. Plopping down in a seat by my aunt she grabbed my hand in hers weakly smiling. "Don't worry little Hope. We're going to get her back." I nodded watching my father and my uncle talking in front of us. Even though they have different views on how humanity views us. One thing is for certain that my mother brings them together. "Raven, who's watching the students?" My father asked alongside Erik who has his arms crossed over his chest. "We can't leave this place unguarded. Whoever took Rora might come back and take more." Raven nodded understanding his words knowing that he was right. My father and Raven were talking about the school until I broke the conversation playing with the end of my jacket. "Dad, who's the Logan guy?" My father turned his chair to face me releasing a breath wearing my mother's ring around his neck as a necklace. "He's someone from my past honey. He's...he's actually the man who told us that you would an extraordinary child." I smiled his direction feeling the airplane take off into the sky and out from the basketball court where it closed. We're coming for you mom.

Comments really appreciated ❤️