We Are Both

"I've changed who I was because of Charles and because of you...so please look into my mind." Shivering under his touch I opened my eyes entering his mind.

Years ago - Shaw's Lab
Nazi soilders throw me into a cell harshly where I slammed my back into the wall grunting. Lifting my head up my blonde hair is sticking to my face as I hold myself up on my hands and knees. One of them closes the cell door chuckling as they walked away leaving me alone. "You're where you belong. The both of them." Hugging my knees to my chest I started crying in the corner until I felt someone staring at me. Lifting my head up a little my teary eyes locked onto a boy with dark brown hair and dark eyes. "Why are you looking at me...I'm a monster you shouldn't look at me." The boy scooted to press against the bars since his cell was next to mine. "You're not a monster you didn't kill your mother because you couldn't lift a stupid metal coin...I'm Erik Lensherr what's your name?" He sticks his hand through the bars where I slowly shake his hand. "Aurora Deerfield. I'm sorry about your mother...the guy holding us prisoners says I'm a weapon maybe he's right." Laying my head back against the bars sucking in a shacky breath.

"You don't seem like a monster to me, Aurora. Don't believe what anyone says unless they come after you personally. Like hurts you or your family. And if you want to call someone a monster make it me. I'll take that pain for you." Erik explained intertwining my hand with his where I could see a number on his arm meaning that he was supposed to go to the camps to work until he died. Pushing hair behind my ear I squeezed his hand. "Let's make a pack right now. That from this day on we'll look out for each other. Protect each other like we're siblings so they can't break us. Sounds like a deal." He nodded closing his eyes for a second of rest listening to the moaning of the metal cells. "I agree to that. Can I call you Rora?" I smiled for the first time since I was captured by the guards nodding my head yes in agreement. "I'd like that, E."

Erik and I still stared into each other's eyes deeply where I felt more tears slipping down. He slowly lifted his hand to my cheek as I dropped my hands causing the soilders to collapse into the grass. "That's it, Rora. I'll take the pain. This isn't you but I'll protect you always like we vowed. Just let go. Let go on me I'm right here." Flinging my arms around his neck I started uncontrollably sobbing. He stumbled backwards a little wrapping his arms around my waist catching my weak form. He reaches up running a hand through my blonde hair as I death grip his jacket for a few seconds before he gently pushed me towards Charles who takes my hand in his standing beside Hope and Logan. He spun around facing the men as their guns leavite in the air beside him. "Take this as a warning to you and whoever thinks that we are the enemy. The ones that shall come after you. I am here to tell you we won't hurt you if you leave us alone. As my friend and sister has said we are better than we used to be. I could kill all of you right now if I wanted but I am showing you mirsey. Now get off the property before I change my mind!" I stepped up raising my right hand gaining control of their minds softly. "Warn everyone you know. You're free to go."

The soilders got to their feet stumbling onto the helicopter flying off the property in a rush. Charles squeezed my hand in his before I leaned down kissing him whispering. "Let's go check on the baby." Raven gathered all the students into the main lobby of the mansion into the lab underneath the school. Laying my back on the table Hank shows the video of my stomach gasping suddenly. "This shouldn't be possible yet but would you all want to know the gender now?" Charles and I glanced to each other sharing the same smile so he moves the video screen revealing with a huge grin. "You're having a baby boy. Congrats you two." Erik pats his friend on the back while he leans down kissing my forehead gently. Grabbing Charles's hand in mine I sniffed through happy tears. "I think it's time we tell the students...everything. No more secrets from them this is their home after all." Erik stopped me in the hallway grabbing my forearm which causes Charles to stop his wheelchair. "Can I ask if you have a name picked out yet?" Charles chuckled up to his friend replying. "Actually we have. Aurora thought it was fitting and you've earned the right after what you just did. We've decided to name him Erik Francis Xavier." Erik bent down hugging his friend before I walked down standing on the second to last step of the main staircase seeing all the young eyes focusing on me.

"When my husband Charles and I opened this school it was so that mutants like us could feel safe and learn to control their gifts. We also promised you that this place would be a safe home. Tonight marks the second time this house has been attacked by someone who thinks that we are a threat and for that I - we are sorry we broke that promise." Glancing over my shoulder to Charles he rolled up in his wheelchair grasping my hand in his speaking up. "The thing that you should know is that we will work everyday to ensure that this place is safe once more. And that if any of you know people who are suffering tell them this can be there home. That we - my wife and the X-Men shall protect you. Everyone and every part of them belongs." All the children were sent off to do their own thing so I slowly walked over to Erik laying my head on his chest where he wrapped his arms around my waist watching Charles and Raven talking about the baby none the less. "That was a good speech you two did up there, Rora." Lifting my head up to his I asked hoping his answer would be no. "Will you stay for real this time, E?"

He leans down planting a kiss to my forehead with a genuine smile on his face which I hadn't seen since the day Hope was born. So I adore everytime I got to see such a sight. "Yes Aurora this time I am staying for sure. Because tonight you have shown me that we can be both a monster sometimes to the people who fear us but also human when we let the bad people go without killing them. We may not change everyone but we can try to make them see us as human beings." Wrapping my arms around his neck I smiled feeling him hug me back resting his chin ontop of my head hearing Charles running around in head. "Thank you for finding her that night, old friend. She deserves someone as perfect as you." Erik smiled towards the man reading his thoughts with a smile of his own to the two people who we're like siblings in his life. "Actually I should be thanking you, Erik. If it wasn't for you helping her escape we never would have met. I have gave you a home but you have given me a family. And for that I will be forever grateful." Professor X and Magneto went from friends to enemies then finally remaining together as family all thanks to Aurora Deerfield.

Wow readers I finally decided on how I wanted to end this so here it is. Thank you to everyone who read this

Comments really appreciated ❤️