Hearing His Cries

Opening Jean's door I grunted immediately feeling a prescence coming from her as she slept. Charles rolled into the room at her bedside grunting too. Shutting my eyes closed I press my back into the wall not being able to ignore the images of red fire and death. Charles managed to get her awake where she breathes heavily out of breathe. "It was just a dream." She shakes her head no letting tears fall down her face. Covering my ears I shake my head feeling death from somewhere else that is driving my mind mad. Shaking my head I finally managed to break the link focusing on the red head girl. "Jean, the mind is a powerful thing it tries to control us." She fights back clutching the bedsheets. "It's not just the mind reading or the telekinesis...it's something else. Some dark power inside and it's growing." Charles stares at me still pressed against the wall where I knew he could feel my mind fighting against me. Trying to tell me something but I'm not letting it. It wouldn't be the first time I've done this.

"You just have to have patience.." He tried to calm her down but she wasn't having it this time. "No, no you don't know what it's like to be afraid to shut your eyes. To be trapped inside your own head!" Jean's probably the most powerful mind alongside Charles and I. When she came as a child she could do the same level of ability as me. A year ago someone showed up on our doorstep with a file from Shaw. My name was on it and inside it held every single test he had ever preformed on me. Walking over to her other bedside I take her hand in mine resting it to my temple. "Look into my mind sweet girl. And you'll see we're the same." She pulled her hand back seeing the torture I received. Charles spoke up once again shaking his head remembering when he gave up his power. "Oh, I think I do. It wasn't so long ago that I was plagued by voices, myself. All their suffering. All their pain. Their secrets."

Jean squeezes my hand still holding hers shaking. "How do you get through it, Mrs. Aurora?" Staring into her eyes I gently moved her to lay down to get some more sleep. "You look for Hope and you hold onto that. Try and get some rest now." Charles and I exited her room walking into our bedroom in the main part of the house. Closing the door behind me I grab my head stumbling backwards into the bedframe. "Aurora!" Charles rolled out of the bathroom as quickly as he could gently grabbed my arm. Men and birds flying around flashed through my mind. A child's cry I didn't recognize filling my ears. Covering my ears I moaned wanting it quite down and it does when an arrow flew into the two girls killing them. "Nina, no please!" Erik's voice came running through my mind immediately. Charles managed to move me to sit on the bed feeling the thoughts that I was in the moment. "Not my babies!" Erik sobbed causing me to start crying along with him even though we're miles away from each other. Opening my eyes the objects in the room start glowing gold lifting into the air. I've never felt this connected to someone's thoughts before, but Erik is like my brother so it's different.

"Not my babies!" Erik's thoughts changed right before I felt death surrounding the men who had been screaming moments earlier. A metal necklace returns to his hand covered in blood. Dropping my face in my hands I covered my mouth struggling with my emotions. Charles grabs my leg drawing me back outside of his mind. "Aurora, come back to me darling. Just breathe love." He reassuringly pulled me back tucking hair behind my ear. Sniffling through tears I wiped underneath my nose with the sleeve of my jacket. Slowly getting to my feet he spun his chair around seeing my uneasiness still at the surface. "Where are you going, Rora?" The objects in our room suddenly dropped back to the wooden floor. Turning the doorknob I glanced back to my husband needing a release my power the only way I know how. "Charles I - I just need a release. I can't  - the pain!" He rolled forward taking my hand in his seeing the glow from my hand causing him to wince. "Ugh - let me come with you. I won't enterfear. I'll just watch, I promise." His blue eyes locked onto mine whete I sigh slumping my shoulders letting him come anyway.

Walking out a good way from the school Charles had given me a spot in the woods that I could use when I needed a release. He didn't permit it for any of the students. Simply because it wasn't a good way to show that controlling their power was possible. Charles let go off his joystick controller stopping the wheelchair carefully watching me. Closing my eyes I started mumbling something under my breath that he couldn't really understand. Opening my eyes I just scream feeling the wind blowing around me. My hands glow the golden color where I blasted trees to bites like Scott did with his eyes earlier today. "Not my babies...is this what i am!" Erik's cries bouncing around in my mind still. Throwing my arms around twigs snapped in the wind where Charles covered his eyes to avoid getting a stick in the eye. Clutching my hands into fists I lower myself to the ground opening my eyes not realizing I was levitating off the ground. "Aurora, how are you feeling now?" My husband asked taking my left hand in his when I turned around. "It helps for now. It was so strange...I've never felt connected to Erik this strong before." My eyes flickered back towards the house still feeling uneasy. Swaying on my feet my eyes fall close where Charles managed to catch my limp body rushing us back to the house.

Comments really appreciated

Let me know what you think of how the book is going