This Castle's a Home

Walking through the hallways of the school small children not teenagers yet passed me playing tag. Carrying a notebook in my hands it was a checklist of all the things we needed to finish before the day was over. My hair is in a braid that goes down my back. When Charles spoke about making a school it sounded like a wonderful dream. Yet now it is a reality for the three of us. "Hope, there's a guy checking you out." I heard the voice of my daughters friend Charlie who stands behind a pillar in the hallway by the stairs. Stopping in my tracks I teased the two kids who try to hide like I didn't see them. The boy that walked by was named Nik he was two years older than my daughter. "Shouldn't you be in class. I'd hate to make your teachers dock points." Charlie ran off but Hope tried to leave until I raised my hand pulling her to a stop with my power. She groaned throwing her hair over her shoulder. She wasn't even a teenager yet, only a year away and was already checking out boys. Charles wouldn't be pleased with that.

"Now what makes you think you can skip class young lady." She crossed her arms over her chest pouting like she was still five years old. "It's just dad's class that I'm already passing. Besides I can control my power like he can unlike everyone younger than me here." Dropping on a knee I rest a hand on her shoulder knowing what she was getting at here. She was gifted with the same power as me the ability to move things with your mind in a golden energy. But she also has her father's power to control minds. "That may be true but your father and I think you need more practice before going out into the world...and growing up on us too quickly." She tugs my arm being able to hear what I mumbled under my breath accidentally. "Come on, mom. I can't keep living in this castle for my whole life."

Taking her hand in my freehand I pull her down the hallway back to her father's class hearing his voice fill the hall. Standing in the doorway a smile graced my face seeing him surrounded by students. I truly believe that he was always meant to be called Professor because it makes him truly happy. Just like Hope and I do even if he can't use his legs anymore. "Alright everyone that is your assignment for tomorrow. Class dismissed. Well, well, where did you run off to this time little miss?" Charles teased her closing the book he was reading from in his lap. He moves the joystick of the new wheelchair Hank had finally created perfectly for him so he could move around much easier. Hope bends her head whispering under her breath embarrassed. "By the main staircase with Charlie..." I nudged her with my arm making her finish her sentence. "Checking out a boy...the one named Nik with you know, the one who can do spells."

"Ah I see. Well go up to your room and go practice your powers alright." Hope nods slowly walking away never ignoring her father's wishes. Once she's out of the room he runs his fingers through his hair knotting it up a little where I reached up fixing it for him. "Huh I thought we wouldn't have to deal with boys for a few more years darling. I'm not ready to have the wait till marriage conversation." Climbing into his lap I shake my head chuckling at my husband's silliness. "You should feel sad for me because that means I have to have the your becoming a woman story." Charles flushed red covering my mouth with his right hand so I'd stop talking. "No let's change the subject, Rora." I grinned down to my husband leaning down and kissing him softly. He moves one arm around my waist kissing back. While his other cradles my face until we got too heated with the kiss.

Laying my head in the crook of his neck I closed my eyes enjoying the peaceful silence that he breaks. "Would it be wrong of me if I just told every boy interested in our to stop." I whined burying my face against the fabric of his shirt. "Charles...what happened to enjoying the moment?" He chuckled where I lift my head uo seeing a serious look still written on his face. "No lisen to me love. It would be really simple with my powers-" Covering his mouth with my hand I shake my head playfully rolling my eyes at him. "Charles baby, I thought we agreed on enjoying the little moments when we can. Meaning no talking about how you don't like her checking out boys for that time being." He removes my hand intertwining it with his giving it a kiss staring into my eyes. "You're right, Aurora. I suppose I'm just not ready for her to try and leave us." I boop noses with my husband getting him to smile until I felt someone behind us trying to sneak up the stairs. "Charlie, I thought I said to go to class..." The boy stopped in his tracks running off since he got caught trying to go play with Hope.

"Changing the subject then to you. How about we go practice by the tree hmm?" He suggested putting his right hand on the joystick moving it forward causing me to squeal wrapping my arms around his neck. "Charles let me get down first. I don't want to hurt you." He chuckled entering my mind with a smile rolling us outside. "You can't hurt me love. Remember I can't feel anything unless I take the serum." I blush lightly sometimes forgetting what his pain is like since he can't feel anything below his waist. "Sorry I forgot darling. Now why are we out here exactly?" I asked back through my head enjoying to be able to communicate between our minds like this. Typically when he wanted to train me we would do it our bedroom away from the noise of the dozen of students running through our house. Once we reached the tree I climbed off his lap where he holds both of his hands in mine. He looked up into my eyes pure hope returned to those bright baby blues. "Let your mind go free Aurora. You're powers will respond to your mind." Charles softly spoke so I closed my eyes where he saw his hands turn golden glow from you. The wind blew softly around us before I felt some leaves fall into my hair. "I must look ridiculous with leaves in my hair Professor." Charles chuckled knocking some leaves out of his hair resting his left hand to my cheek lovingly. "Never Mrs. Xavier. I love you still." Smiling down at my husband even if the house was gone I would be home so long as I could be in Charles arms for the rest of my life.

Comments really appreciated