Chapter 5 - Unstoppable

klaus

My brother was loving the attention.

He continued to mingle with some prissy women while guzzling down champagne like he had his own personal never-ending tap. My impatience was growing each gulp he took from the champagne glass. I wanted the Petrova doppelganger in my possession now!

I was already irritated at the fact that a year ago i had let her slip out of my hands in her homeland Bulgaria. It could not happen again. 

Grabbing my own glass of the ole champers, i glided up to Elijah and his little flock of dancing hummingbirds. 

"Brother, i want to talk with you" i told him. He continued flirting with the young girls.

I broke the airy fairy atmosphere and said, "Now!".

He lightly told his hummingbirds that he had business to take care of like he was the one paying for his large marble mansion. You know, this used to be my winter home!

We moved to Elijah's study with its very own inner library as well. 

As my brother closed the door of the mahogany room, i ordered him to tell me where the doppelganger was.

"She should be in the room" he revealed to me. Dammit, i could've bloody called one of witches and have unlocked my werewolf side already. Damn.

"Why has it taken you so long to get her to me?" i paced round the study. I was already feeling antsy. Something felt wrong.

Elijah told me to stop pacing. He was still family so i stopped in my spot and listened to his answer.

"She has a child with her" he informed me. A child.

All i could say was "Oh".

Because this one fact...changes everything.

katerina

I got up from my defeatist spot near the lake and look at my saviour. Another monster. His teeth were just as sharp-looking and dangerous as the maid, who was now laying on the ground...dead.

Looks like the man wearing a middle class brown suit had broken her neck. I didn't know whether to thank him or run from his as his face looked hungry. And from past experiences, creatures with fangs don't feed on any normal food. They fed on humans.

He smiled at me.

"Now why is one of Niklaus's vampires chasing after you, milady?" his rather positive expression just made me feel worse as only moments ago i had let my little, helpless Nikole travel on the dark, murky waters of Elijah's home's lake. All for nothing now. The bitch was dead. 

The vampire was dead. So that was what "they" were called.

"Not much of a talker. I see. I'm Trevor" he held out his hand for me shake on it. I was not looking for any new people in my life. I had trusted one who betrayed me dearly.

I walked away from him with my injured and bleeding hand. The nettle bush had really hurt me. I stopped and stared at the blood on my hand. In that moment, i wanted to bleed forever. I had lost the only thing i truly loved. I truly cared and needed. 

My child.

My last connection to my homeland, Bulgaria. And finally, i had lost my one companion. I was truly alone now.

The man who had saved me came to view my hand. His face showed worry. This surprised me.

"I can heal you" he told me. 

I didn't know what to say to that.

"It might get infected, if you just leave it like that" he advised me. I really didn't care. I shaked my head at his advice.