Chapter 11 - Small Eyes

katherine

The day i was born my mother said i did not cry at all. In fact i was rather excited to see the world. I was born three weeks early. She said the winds that day was impenetrable. That day the Sun was out for too long. Everything was more alive. More powerful.

And more free.

No wonder the heavy necklace that Niklaus had given me felt so...so restricting. I would not lie, it was quite pretty. But too sparkly and impractical for someone like me.

As the carriage moved through the town, Niklaus continued to tell me about the glorious place we were headed. Apparently no one would notice our fangs and our thirst  there.

"We could drink all night" he informed with excitement. His eyes were beaming like the gemstones on my necklace.

However, i was still rather agitated about the man from the pub.

"So the tavern we are going to will have rooms where...lets say clients will, at a price, give us-"

I interrupted his mundane description, "Who was the man at the pub, Niklaus?" i watched  as he looked slightly irritated at my interruption. Then he went to answer me.

"He's just a crazy admirer of your's, that is all, Katerina" he simply said to me.

"No, he's can't just be a creepy admirer of mine because i don't even remember him, Niklaus" i stared at him with irritated pupils.

But i wasn't finished.

"And it's Katherine, not Katerina...my love" i gave him a small smile.

I wasn't being the most obedient lover, but i did not expect Niklaus to look so angry. But then i just drifted off to sleep and forget about all the events of the night...

klaus

That was the forth time i had to compel her tonight! I had had enough! Damn her! Damn her! Damn her!

Why was i even keeping her around?

Hm.

Many reasons. My brother's pain to know that she will spend all her existence in my  possession. Her pain for denouncing her Petrova blood, making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to become the hybrid i was born to be!

And how could i just slaughter the mother of my daughter?

Ha ha. I drank some more blood-laced wine and told the carriage driver to stop.

We had reached the tavern.

I stopped Katherine from her sleep and told her we had arrived to our destination.

She smiled at me as she awoke and gave me a deep kiss. I almost fell into her charms. But i quickly returned to my strong posture and waited for our carriage rider to open the carriage doors for us.

The Sleepless Tavern.

The one place, where vampires weren't exactly the worst beings in the joint.

nikole

I cried again. But the woman continued to wash away my tears like i truly was her child.

But i wanted the woman from my heart.

The woman who felt like a dream.

Her deep dark chocolate brown curls.

Her beautiful warm lips that kissed me goodnight every day from the day of my existence.

I wanted my mother!

But my mouth had no control. 

All i could do was cry.