Chapter 8 - Falling

katherine 

My scream echoed through my mind. How could i have been so stupid? My scream could alert Niklaus...i may be a vampire like him, but he was too powerful for me right now.

I was too hungry still.

The rat was not that warm. My teeth longed for something warmer. Something juicier.

I wanted some more.

More of the red stuff that felt like an addiction. Like...and just like that my mind realized: 

There was not one single thing in the world that made me feel as good as the thick blood did in my mouth. And i knew one thing: I did not just want more...i NEEDED more.

I began to pace faster in a speed that i did not ever think i could reach. An unbeatable speed. But i was not using it for fun...i was using it because of the fright that still existed in my heart. The fright i felt of Niklaus Mikaelson.

His search for me...was right at my doorstep. I felt it in my undead heart. Another instinct caught on my heart strings. The loss of my little baby. It was unbelievable how much i felt now than i did before. Before the sadness was unbearable, but now the sadness felt like a poison in my blood. A poison that formed anger and hatred as well. I would kill Niklaus if he touched Nikole. My eyes saw glistening waters that drifted North away from Trevor's Cottage and Elijah's Mansion. I prayed with any belief in God i had left that Nikole's basket was drifting to the Northern area.

 A crack in the distance stopped me from my tracks towards the water.

I hurried along the way.

I had to get away now.

I began to sprint to the rushing water. There was only one way out of this: I had to go...in.

Reaching the muddy edge, i jumped into the moon lit water. 

FLASPLASH! The water on my face. It was a whole new experience!

Every single molecule of water kissed my skin. Every single liquid particle engulfed me. But all the euphoria harshly disappeared when i heard the impact of another body diving into the water. I turned around to look up. I realized i was deep under water, but i could still see like it was the sunniest day in England. 

I watched Elijah's eyes search for me. 

I moved closer and closer into the disgusting dark low depths of the blue lake. I looked at Elijah in his expensive suit with his expensive shoes and in that moment: I knew i hated him.

Even though deep inside, i loved him.

That unforgettable fact made my tear ducts want to implode. So i just closed my eyes and let the water take my lower and lower.

Lower and lower. 

I fell and floated. All in once.

My tears weren't small. My tears were the ocean. My tears were-

I felt large hands grab hold of my body. My eyes clenched shut.

I couldn't look at him

I could not bear to see his face. I felt my figure move higher and higher, away from the colder depths of the lake. 

And before i knew it: 

My eyes were open.

Elijah's hands pulled my upwards above the sea, my legs wrapped around his waist, my dress glittering in the night and the moon shining down on our wet, cold bodies.