Chapter 13 - Remedy For Memory

katherine

"Nice to meet you..." i said to Niklaus's sister and i held out my hand for her to shake it.

She did not.

She didn't even move an inch. She just stared at me. Not blinking at all. Her stare had the word "wrong" written all over it. After a few seconds, she smirked at me. Then she turned around swiftly to Niklaus. It was entirely unorthodox, the way she was treating me. I mean her entire persona was so un-ladylike, but still she was undeniably beautiful and weirdly graceful. Unfortunately,  she treated me like i was a statue or just another one of Niklaus's possessions. 

But i guess...i guess the latter part was right. 

She loudly exclaimed, "She looks just like her, brother!" and then she walked to the empty bed and leaned on its frame, "But the first one was a trillion times....hm....juicer" with that sentence, she chuckled away and then relaxed onto the red-sheeted bed. 

Niklaus's scary expression had changed to one of annoyance and irritation.

I guess that was better than looking like a madman.

I felt my mind feel more at ease.

I didn't think much of Rebekah in that moment. She just seemed like another crazy nightmare entering my life. Now all i wanted was my daughter.

"But she's no longer human, right?" Rebekah continued her statements.

She looked me up and down. Like a genius trying to figure out a problem.

"So why are you keeping her alive?" Niklaus now relaxed from his position and strutted down the end of the room.

He didn't say anything.

"Tell me, brother" Rebekah demanded.

The air in the room was no longer light and now felt tense. But this time i was not truly in the line of fire. Niklaus stared at his sister with disdain and anger. However, Rebekah's eyes were just as solid. The eye contact was sharp. The word "piercing" was being completely re-defined in this room. In a room that belonged to a prostitute. 

Then Niklaus looked down and up. He took a deep sigh. Not a happy sigh.

"She..." he told Rebekah and stared at me, then continued, "We...have a daughter" and there was nothing left but a confusing silence.

Rebekah's face said it all.

The Devil had a child with a woman who had the face of an Angel.

klaus

Rebekah was not what i needed right now. On top of my issues with Katerina.

I was not in control.

Rebekah's dark blue gown frizzled as she zoomed to my place in the prostitute's bedroom.

"Don't try to be humorous, brother. You've never been good at it" she spitted to me, like i was a child. How dare she.

Before i could reiterate my statement, Katerina piped up and said to me, "Niklaus, dear, i'm just going to get a drink" and quickly she attempted to slip out of the lantern-lit room.

I watched her sneak out like a tiny mouse.

"Don't be gone long, love!" i shouted to her with irritation in the tone of my voice.

My night of pleasure has changed drastically. I pressed my fingers on my temples. 

"I have nothing, nothing to lie to you about, my dear sister" i told her with a beautifully fake squeaky tone in my voice.