Chapter 26 - Something Had Gone Wrong

katherine

The flickering candles and the music ignited the extrovert in me. I danced and danced like the world was my oyster. And for the first time i felt secure. I felt like i had humanity but i still was comfortable in my vampirism.

I felt every eye on me. Male or female. I was queen and i ruled them all. When i laughed every one laughed with me. For once, i felt like i was in control. The seductiveness of my face charmed every one. I was in my element. Nothing could go wrong. 

I was whole.

I smiled and laughed. With strangers in the dark lodge.

It was wonderful.

Perfect.

The Moon waved me hello.

A young fellow and i had escaped into a room in the lodge. He kissed my neck and held on me. I could feel his heart. The blood. The life force. But then i could see his green eyes and i loved him too. Who was this boy? Steve? Stevan? Stefe?

"Mama" i heard the sound of a baby come from behind me. Inside the loddge's corridor.

I brushed the boy from me. He looked irritated. Stupid, testorone fuelled creature. 

"Mama" the word call an instinct in me. A pure instinct and i ran out into the corridor. A door shaped window had appeared on the far end of the corridor. 

A little girl stood there and my heart knew who it was.

She had begun opening the window and i began charging towards her. My mind couldn't understand why i was moving so slow with my vampire speed. The corridors just got larger and larger. They had become a maze but i could still see the little girl at the end.

As the cold wind blew in and the girl jumped out the window, i screamed; "NIKOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"-

and the chains that held me clattered. WHERE THE hell was i? I looked around and tears filled my eyes.

I was in another one of Klaus's dungeons. That dream still stayed fresh in my mind. That hallucination. Or what ever it was.

Tears flooded me. 

I looked up and all i could see was darkness. I was scared. But not for me.

For Nikole. My mind thought of her everyday and i had had a defence mechanism to just stop the thoughts of her. Stop the worrying.

But today, right now, had changed that. I just worried. 

Was she even alive?

All these years. My mind hurt. My head hurt. My entire body and soul hurt.

And i could smell something in the air. It smelled disgusting and toxic.

Hmm, Klaus was growing vervain in his own garden. But why? New torture methods? Now that thought was just torture for me to think about. What he would do to me? I guess it couldn't be as worse as chasing me all these years. The paranoia. The fear. And the ugly truth that i was never safe.

I guess this was a bittersweet situation. Klaus had finally gotten me and that paranoia and fear had slipped away.

 No more running.

I smiled. I always seemed to find a silver lining.

"Ha ha" i laughed out loud in the darkness. I guess i was losing it.

Something shivered in the dusty quarters of the dark dungeon. I was blind. Even with my vampire senses. The darkness, the vacuum feel felt impenetrable.