Chapter 16 - Please Don't Find Me

katherine

This stake meant everything was different.

Everything.

The ground began to quiver. And Mariah's face said it all. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. 

"What's happening?" i told her.

I pushed my chair back and charged to Nikole.

But before i got there.

I was pushed back by some sort of field.

A green, dark whole opened from the roof of the tent. And i watched a young woman, wearing crazy clothes pop right out of it. Like it was some sort of portal. My head had been slapped across the round table. I was recovering at the ground.

The woman looked at Nikole and smiled.

She took her from her cot and jumped back into the portal.

I screamed!

I charged forward to the green hole.

Mariah shouted, "No you can't!" but i didn't give a flying pig's ass!

I jumped right into the hole.

Falling in, i watched Mariah follow me.

But she was too late.

The portal had closed.

Now i was just falling. Falling. Why did it feel like i was always falling? My tears had been shed, now all i felt was rage. Anger. 

How did that girl take my child?!?

I felt some sort of energy close my eyes and with that i had finally hit some sort of solid ground.

I had landed.

In some one's arms.

He pulled me my face up to his.

It was Elijah.

He looked.

So different, but yet completely the same.

"It's you! Katerina...you're alive!" and with that he kissed me like he had not seen me in a millienium.

He was wearing such a weird outfit. It was a black suit. Black like a funeral had just occured.

klaus

"Come on, sister!" i told her as we jumped to the cold streets.

I heard the moving of footsteps. Quick steps.

They were fast, very fast. Too fast to be a human.

"Go! Go!" i whispered to Rebekah loudly. Yes, even my whispers were still loud. I was in a very angry mood. Me and Rebekah charged onto the main streets and stepped right in front of...his way. Elijah, Elijah, Elijah...

"Brother, you know to stick to the shadows" i reminded him. With a creepy smile.

"And to be quiet..." Rebekah added.

Elijah was about to lash out to me, but Rebekah clasped his hand and bent back to restrain him. "Where is...the doppelganger, Elijah?" she asked him. Elijah just stared at her with disdain.

I circled them.

"She's right. I mean...Brother, we are all working to find the same thing. My daughter" i smiled at him kindly. We all just needed to co-operate, right?

Elijah stared at me.

"We don't need you're help.." oh my God.

I grabbed my Brother from Rebekah.

"So, you admit Katerina is with you! Ha!" i stared at soul.

Elijah just bit at his tongue. His noble, graceful demeanur all gone. He began to struggle. He was strong, but i was stronger. 

"After what you did...i should call our father and help him kill you! You basterd!" he spitted at my face.

I just stared at him with anger.

Rebekah said with shock, "How could you say that? Elijah, don't you remember?" and i knew exactly what she'd say.

Always and forever.

"Always and forever"

"Our mother!" she screeched with pain.

Our mother.

The mother i killed.

They could never know.

They will never know.

But in that moment, everything got colder.

Too cold.

"Elijah, get back to my place...immediately!" the voice was heard by us all.

Elijah looked shocked.

"Who was that?" i interrogated him.

"My witch. Let go of me. I must go!" he told us. With urgency.

I released him.

The witch's voice said it all.

Something was wrong.

Rebekah told him, "We'll help you!" but Elijah just stared at me with annoyance.

"We're family" Rebekah persisted.

Elijah just stared at me like death.

Oh God.

I made a mist-

I was angry. What would you do if you're child's mother had disobeyed you?? I was an angry man, Elijah knew that. Didn't he?

"I apologize" i said to Elijah, rigidly.

Ugh.

I hated apologizing.

But with that out of the way, we all charged through the cold streets.

Hm.

Looks like finding Katerina is gonna be easier than i ever thought. Ha.