Chapter 10 - Lose Me

katherine

I love you.

Did he really say that?

Elijah continue to stare at me in the dusty and rather stinky dungeon. He had a big smile on his face. A word came to my head to describe and before i knew i spitted that word out to him.

"Cute" i told him like a metaphorical stake to his heart.

Ha. His smile turned into a childish frown. 

"What do you mean Katerina?" he asked me.

I was about to walk ahead of him, but instead, i turned back and scolded him.

"Call me Katherine. Understood? Katherine Pierce!" and with that we walked up the creaky dungeon steps. 

OK. He said "I love you" but he was being delusional. I mean, that's not possible. I loved him. But he didn't. He would have warned me. As we left the dungeon, i trudged forward, not knowing clearly how to get out of the massive mansion. But Elijah had other plans. As i walked quicker, i felt his hand grab my wrist and twisted me round to his arms. My face was directly opposite his now. I felt i would be sick. Sick of this love i felt for him. A love i did not want but felt so much, so hard.

His brown eyes stared into my soul.

"Why don't you believe my love for you...Katherine?" he pronounced the "Kath" of "Katherine" with more emphasis than it needed. He did not like it. I liked that he did not like it. 

I shoved him away from me.

"Because...you betrayed me. I can't forget that. You did not warn me ONCE about you're brother's arrival. Elijah, can't you see our love is so dangerous!" i warned him.

Elijah just came closer and smirked at me.

"Our love?" he told me.

GOSH!

I had had enough. Elijah was too close. I grabbed his long dark hair and pushed my lips on his. And that was it. I succumbed to the love i felt for him. And as he responded with his own lips, i felt it. Electricity. And something deeper. Something pure. I felt the love he talked about. I felt like a fool now. A fool. How could i have doubted this love of his?

As we continued to kiss each other, both of our vampire senses had been lost. Because we had not noticed the sound of boots approaching us.

 "Katerina!" i heard the voice and reclined quickly from Elijah's face.

Was it Niklaus?

No...no it was just Trevor. Hm. I had no clue what to think.

"I came to rescue you.  But it seems",Trevor looked Elijah up and down and then back at me again, "Your fine" and then Trevor's face just looked hurt. Um, i had no idea what to think about that.

I walked up to Trevor, "I'm still very grateful that you tried, my friend. You should go though, before he comes. Before Niklaus returns" i didn't want to have his death on my hands, truly.

Trevor looked at me. Again. Like i was a stranger of the girl he met last night. Which was very very true.

"Uh Huh. But you can't stay here either. You are of no use to Niklaus now. That is far too dangerous of a predicament, Katerina" he reminded me. He was right. He put his hand out for me to grab. But i just looked back at Elijah.

I walked up to Elijah and whispered to him.

"You are my eyes and ears now, Elijah. As long as Niklaus knows nothing about us two, we are in control. Meet me at midnight at...the place we first met" i gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned to grab Trevor's hand.