Chapter 24 - FIRE

klaus

Another night, where my brother strolled in late. I clenched my fists as he slipped up to the guest room of the house. I was a man who not only enjoyed being in control, but needed to be in control. I could not stress the irritations that rushed through my body. My brother was treading on fragile strings. I severely hoped he did not tear one single string. I did not want a repeat of what occurred 300 years ago with Katerina Petrova. So much trust had gone done the drain.

This time we'd defeat her, discover her secrets and get rid of her...forever. I just knew it.

I observed the Moon tranquilly stay stable in the sky. It was more stable than the Sun itself. It was stronger. I admired that. Even now i felt a connection to the Moon because my dormant werewolf side was still beating. Beating away inside like a wolf in a cage. A hungry wolf.

I had been already been too patient. I needed to break my curse. Once and for all. I needed that power. I could not live with myself knowing: the power inside of me still remains locked away. It was killing me. That single fact. I was more than just an Original vampire. I was much more.

I picked up a quill and paper. I began to write a note of assistance. 

I needed help from a certain werewolf. And i needed that help sooner rather than later. 

katherine

I never doubted that one day i may have to vanquish the evil that is Niklaus Mikaelson. But sometimes i thought about the past three hundred years.

I held the stake tightly in my hand. This stake was in possession for a very long time. Niklaus had cursed my every living moment by trying to find me. By hunting me.

But i had never once used this stake on him.

I can not say i didn't think about using it. But the reason i had not staked Niklaus's cold ugly heart yet was because of one being in my life.

My daughter.

How could i have staked her father? The emotion of losing her was too much for me back then. To give her up. But now, i just can not bare his presence.

I have not seen him in 300 years. That does not give me any peace at night. I have been running for so long. So long. Knowing he is so close to my location just to escape from their with seconds close to him catching me is killing me.

I just want to be free now.

That's the only way i will have the time to live my life, find my daughter and possibly...have some love in my life.

I need to kill Niklaus.

I need to.

I stared up into the sky that was full of almost a thousands stars tonight. I loved counting the stars. They were beautiful, glorious and just good. Nothing seemed to be corruptible about them.

They seemed safe.

I watched as the shooting star passed through my vision. 

I should make a wish, shouldn't i?

I clenched my eyes shut and wished on the star. I made a wish that was the only thing  i wanted right now. 

That wish had to come true!

I stood on the roof of the Salvatore Mansion realizing everything i had prepared would go fine. I was surprisingly optimistic today.

My mind came to ease. I should relax now. Enjoy this little scary town. Mystic Falls. Enjoy every single piece of fun and excitement i get. I would give it all up for Klaus, so why not enjoy while i had it? These felt like my last lungs.