Chapter 12 - THE SLEEPLESS TAVERN

katherine

We finally had arrived at our destination. I had awoken a few seconds ago. I can not believe i had fallen asleep. It was so unlike me. The night was my...oyester!

Niklaus pulled me in close and whispered in my ear. His voice was gentle and soft on my ears. Mhmm.

"This is it, my Katerina. The Sleepless Tavern" i felt his lips kiss my small ears. It would've been a sweet gesture if i was not still anoyoned with him calling me Katerina. Urgh.

The doors whirled open and the music bursted on to us. It felt like life. The music was alive.

It was not quiet.

The music was truly alive.

Writhing in the atmosphere. Breathing to me. Calling me. Intoxicating me. My body was truly ready to go out into the night now. Away from......him.

There was no harmony in the sounds that played out. It was loud, clashy and dark. Like a bunch of extrovert performers were all playing together. But that's what made the music so...great. So intriguing. So unlike any orchestra i had heard at the English functions i had attended in my time here. This was not even the best part of the noises.

The laughs.

The shouts.

The laughs.

I wanted to be there. I wanted to go there. 

I quickly shoved away from my uncomfortable seat and zoomed out of the carriage. Not thinking of Niklaus. Just thinking of the fun, the atmosphere.

klaus

She ran out.

To the tavern.

Without me.

My temper was rising. 

She was mine. Mine.

This bird had to be caged.

But even i could not resist the laughter and drinking that the tavern supplied. The excitement.

I followed Katerina into the tavern.

The black rusty tavern doors were vibrating. The music was magnetic.

Watching Katerina at the door way, i saw the drunk men watch her like a gold necklace. Too bad she would be hanging around my neck. Not their's.

I plunged to the front of the performers circle. The people around me danced with their parthners. Some giddy, drunk lasses even gave me looks of lust, while dancing with their husbands. I decided to get Katerina's attention.

"Come on Katerina! Dance with us, you Bulgarian beauty!" i shouted to her with a flirtatious attitude. I grabbed a drink from a young man who wouldn't remember in the morning. 

She turned to me.

Her face was alight by the lanterns that were placed on every round table. 

Her red dress was the shouting at me to take it of her body.

But Katerina replied to me with disdain.

"No, i'd rather not, Niklaus...we have more important matters. I'm done with this tavern".

Did she really just say that?

Done.

With this perfect place! 

Quickly through the tavern , i zoomed to Katerina and i curled one of her long curls around my index finger. 

"Come on, we have to get a snack at least" i whispered to her sensually.