Chapter 6 - BULGARIA

klaus

I watched as my stupid brother searched his own house's rooms, while his little party occured downstairs, i mean:

Where's his maid?

But most importantly, where was MY PETROVA DOPPELGANGER? And of course, where had she taken my daughter?!?

I still remembered when i met the sultry maiden in Bulgaria...

1491 - Bulgaria - Outskirts

My horse carriage had come to a halt. 

I was about to screech at my lazy driver when i looked out the horse carriage to see a face i had not seen in almost a thousand years...

Her face was completely the same. Not one part of it was any different to the girl...the Petrova girl i had once loved. The Original Petrova. 

My stomach had not felt this kinda of excitement for decades. The beauty of a Petrova girl was unbearble. Even now i felt giddy just staring at her.

"Oi! Oi! Slow down, we Bulgarians deserve respect, our roads our rules" the doppelganger screamed at me and my carriage driver.

I stared at her intently and she tried her best not to look at me. That told me one thing: she was finding me slightly irresistible not to look at. Ha.

"Come on, my sweet. Its my first time in Bulgaria" i said to her, my smile beaming like the golden Sun that shone on her flowing locks. She finally acknowledged me with her big brown eyes and slowly she slowly strutted in my direction in her cream coloured summer dress. Her face didn't look amused at all, God that was...sexy. Hm, what a funny word you created Niklaus, next you'll be the King's jester. I chuckled mentally but my focus on new words stopped when the Petrova doppelganger opened her mouth.

"You nearly ran me over, you know that" her confidence surprised me immensly as most women just fell on their knees the moment they saw my face or wealth.

She was definitely something new. Something different.

But even i couldn't forget the words that still remained in my brain. The words the witch spoke to me when she cursed my werewolf side to go dormant.

She said there was only one way to break it and the ingrediants needed were:

The moonstone.

A werewolf.

A vampire.

A witch.

But the one thing i had been searching for most was: 

The blood of a Petrova Doppelganger.

Oh lord, today was my lucky day. It felt like a dream, one i would do anything not to wake from.

Jumping out of my carriage, i stole the doppelganger's hand and kissed it. 

"I apologise. If i had seen that you and i would cross paths, milady, you would be inside my carriage, not being hunted down by it" i hoped she would find my words flattering. I hoped my words would sweep her off her feet, as i could distinctively hear the Bulgarian accent as she spoke her English. It wasn't the best English i had heard all day, but it certainly wasn't the worst.

Instead of blushing or batting he eyelashes, the doppelganger pushed past me and jumped up into my carriage. Hm, she was full of surprises. So unlike the one who's face she had on.