! 04. Jealousy !

- Karysn POV -

"Oh girl it's you~ That I~ Lie with~ As the aaaaaatomm~ bomb locks in~" Steven sang loudly in the shower. Everyone in the house could hear him. Probably even the neighbors.

I went downstairs in my bathing suit and towel in hand. "Beach?" My mom asked as I walked past her, "yeah, beach" I replied still walking but stopped when my mom kept talking.

"Hey, how many followers is a lot of followers on instagram?" She asked. I stopped and turned to her, "Uh, depends if the person is verified or not"

"What's verified?" She asked, eyes still glued to the screen. "Oh kay then" I said and walked over to her, looking at her phone.

"Oh yeah.. mr.moss was reading this book" I said and lightly took the phone from her. "150,000 followers is a lot" I continued.. "especially for a writer"

"Ok, thanks" She said, taking the phone back. I left.

- Third Person POV -

"I thought you said smoking pot changes the way your brain processes information" Belly said as she saw her crush since she was 10, sitting by the pool and smoking.

"So does your cellphone" He said. Belly put her towel down and got into the pool, Conrads' eyes following her.

Once Belly surfaced she looked at Conrad, " you said marijuana messes with white matter"

Conrad chuckled, "Do you even know what white matter is?"

"you said our brains are still developing and that.."

Conrad smiled and cut her off, "God, do you memorize every single thing that i've ever said?"

Belly scoffed and turned away for a moment, "Get over yourself" and continued to swim. Conrad still watched her as she went underwater.

"I mean Conrad, you're the one who said that-that smoking's dumb.. and that real athletes don't put shit in their bodies." She stated

"I said a lot of stuff.. and i'm not and athlete anymore so" He said before taking in another puff. "Well.. I still think you should quit" Belly saidz

Conrad blew smoke out, staring at her. She finally turned to him and he smirked, "What'll you give me if I do?"

Silence emerged and Conrad kept smirking... that was until a door being slammed shut could be heard. It was Karsyn who had witnessed quite literally the whole thing.

She was jealous.. I mean who wouldn't be. Her crush of since she was 7, was here in the backyard, watching and flirting with her sister who returned back the same energy.

The two teenagers quickly looked over at Karysn who was fuming, but tried not to show it. She walked past them, ignoring them and walking to the beach. She loved surfing, but knows not too at night since it's when the nightingales come out.

She hated nightingales with her every being. Nightingales is a monsterous ghost that haunts the sea. It's supposedly surfers who drowned, and their soul was never able to move on so they haunt the very people that surf at night in the pitch black darkness.

She knew her father had told her that story as a joke but she never wanted to take that risk, so she just stayed out listening to the ocean waves at night.

- back with the teenagers -

The door opened, Steven and Jere coming out to talk to Conrad. "First bonfire of the summer!" Jeremiah said. "All righr we're totally taking my car, you're not driving" Jere told Steven. "Come on man we're leaving, you ready?" Steven asked.

"Can I come too?" Belly said excitedly. "Uhhh no." Steven deadpanned. Jeremiah laughed a little, "The moms are getting everything set up for your movie night" He said.

She looked back at Conrad, "See ya" he said, getting up from the pool and going inside with the two boys. "Have fun with the moms!" Jere joked.

- Karysn POV -

I walked back into the house seeing Susannah and my mom getting food ready for the movie night us girls have every first night of the summer.

"Brownies are going in!" Susannah said. "Go get your sister" My mom said. "Oh, actually I have to raincheck on that.. Isaiah, Sarah, and I have to go to this big bonfire thing. I promised I would go with them, sorry moms" I frowned.

"Oh no it's uh, ok. We have big ol belly button with us" Susannah smiled. Mom looked at me, "No drinking and no sex."

I groaned, "Ugh- mom!" She just laughed and I walked up into my room. Isaiah and Sarah were in there getting ready. I closed my door and rolled my eyes, "turn around dorks I have to get ready"

Isaiah turned around but Sarah just kept putting on make up, "Bikini and some low rise sweats?" She asked/said as her eyes never left the mirror in front of her while she did her eye liner.

"Yup" I said, popping the p. I've always had pretty good style, specially for parties since I always had Sarah to help me. Well.. I think I have good style at least.

I put on a simple two piece black bathing suit and but some sweats over, I rolled it down the waist thing to make it look lower so that the bands of my bottom bikini were able to show.

Learned that trick from Sarah when we went to a pool party, everyone said my body looked hot. Mind you, my body, not my face.

Isaiah turned back around, then Sarah finally finished her make up, "Okay first off we look hot as hell!" She said.

Saiah rolled his eyes and I chuckled. I grabbed my phone and headphones and put it into my pocket. Isaiah grabbed his phone + keys and Sarah grabbed her hot pink purse to match her outfit.

Isaiah wore a plain white sweatshirt with dark blue swim trunks. Sarah went half out with her fit, wanting to be comfortable but still look good. She wore a tight hot pink skirt that had these golden hoops that showed the sight of her waist, same colored bikini top and some jewelry.

I only had a few jewelry, a black yarn bracelet that Conrad gave me, he had his own too, and a necklace Jeremiah gave me which had the word "sin" on it.

We all went downstairs but before leaving the house Sarah stopped up, "stop! We must take a pic so I can post it on instagram" She said.

We both sighed but posed for the camera. We took a mirror pic. Sarah in the middle and me and Isaiah on the sides.

Then we left, of course I said buy to Susannah and my mom but quickly so my mom didn't see what I was wearing. She's never seen in a a revealing ass bikini like this so I knew she would freak out.

We got into Isaiah's car but as he was about to start it up, Belly walked out with a short pink dress. The car started with the headlights flashing on, alerting Belly.

"Oh my god.." I facepalmed.