! 20. did you think about her !

- Conrad POV -

I just got back from surfing and I saw mom sitting outside, "Morning" I said, smiling. "Morning hon. Hey, do you have a second?" She asked me and got up.

"Cleveland just called I gotta go.." I slowly stopped in front of her. She shook her head, smiling, "it'll just take a sec"

"I want you.. to ask Belly to be her escort to the deb ball" She said, "Mom I can't" I answered quickly. "Why not?" She asked.

Because of Karsyn

"Just tell Jeremiah to ask her or something" I said. "Connie.. you know how much it'll mean to her if it's you. You're her prince charming and we all know it!" Mom said.

"No that's not.." I muttered but Mom cut me off, "You've always been so good to her! Remember when you were the only one who'd let her tag after you and the boys? Now if it was Karsyn I would have gotten Jeremiah to ask her.. talking about Karsyn why do you treat her so differently? Belly always wanted to go and you were the only one to let her, but when Karsyn asked you were the only one to reject it.." She started to think.

"This isn't even about Sin mom" I sighed, "Okay it isn't, but please ask Belly. For me?" Mom convinced. "Fine- I'll think about it" I said, looking away.

"Okay that's my Connie" She smiled. "I didn't say I would do it" I smiled a bit. "Oh and don't be late this afternoon for the tournament 'cause we need help setting up" She said, "I know, I know" I replied and walked back inside. "Play it forward!" Mom cheered.

"Uh you know it's uh.. not too late to sign up" She teased, "Mom..no" I said. "Maybe" She smirked

- Karsyn POV -

"STEVEN!" I heard Belly yell from the hall. "I don't want to rush you or anything.. but I would like to eventually talk about what happened the other night" I heard Jeremiah say as I opened the door.

"Uh.. yeah- yeah, no I mean yeah.. Maybe after like everything.. you know?" Belly looked at the floor. "Uh i'm- i'm gonna go change" She picked up hair from the floor then went into her room.

Jeremiah turned around to me and silently cheered, pumping his fist in the air. "What..?" I mouthed. He pointed and me, then himself, and made a gesture that I believe meant talking.

I chuckled a little and he went downstairs.

- Conrad POV -

I peeled off the wood and showed him, "Yeah it's wood rot. See how brittle it is on the inside? God.. this is bad man. We have to pry off bits until we reach clean wood" I complained and threw the wood on the ground.

I ripped off another piece and got cut, " Fuck! Ow!" I said and held the other hand. "You're a little on edge my friend," Cleveland said

"It's been a bad week." I raised my voice. "Is your dad back in town?" He asked. "No other stuff" I said, going back to peeling off the wood.

"How are things looking with that girl?" He asked. "girls you mean." I said, "This isn't looking good either man. I mean it just keeps goin and going" I finally looked at him.

"The whole goddamn thing is infected and I didn't notice- It's EVERYWHERE and I didn't notice!" I yelled and stood up.

"Conrad- Woah.. woah" Cleveland got up too. My chest started to feel pressured, it got harder for me to breathe.

"What is going on man?" He got up and put a hand on my arm. "My heart is beating really fast, and um.." My voice wavered.

I let out a wheezy gasp, it got harder. "It's really hard to breathe" I whispered.