! 23. Alone !

- Karsyn POV -

I was working at the ball, helping Paige arrange stuff. I was wearing headphones, listening to the song Notion, by The Rare Occasions.

Paige finally let me go and I went back home. I walked into the kitchen when I got back.

"It's only a few blocks.. Unless you don't want to?" Mom said, giving Belly the permission to drive herself to the ball. "Yes yes yes!" Belly said, grabbing the keys and thanking  mom. "Drive slow, obey the lights, wait for seconds at each stop sign!" Mom told her. Conrad stopped to talk to Belly for a second before she left, he turned back to me.

"Hey Sin, Paige let you go early?" Conrad asked. I smiled, "Yeah, think she has enough help for the rest of the day" I said and he smiled too. As awkward the other night was, we left off on a good note.

"Hey sweetie, you have your things for the ball?" Mom asked me. "Uh no, actually.. I'm gonna go shopping after I get some food right now" I said.

Mom sighed, "You should have gotten it before hand" Mom scolded and I nodded. "Oh, can I come shopping with you?" Conrad asked and I smiled again, "Yeah"

Conrad grabbed his keys and I just grabbed a drink, "K let's go" I said and walked to the front door, "Uhh one sec, let me get something" Conrad said and went upstairs.

I went outside to see Jeremiah and Belly kissing as Steven pulled up in the drive way. Oh shit. Jeremiah went back inside

"What the freak?- Are you kidding me?? YOU and JEREMIAH??" Steven said, storming up to her. "It just happened" Belly said. "Woah ok Steven chill" I said, walking up to her.

"When did it happen?!" Steven asked, "Like a week ago??" Belly answered. Steven gagged, Ohh.. oh i'm gonna throw up!"

I hit Steven in the shoulder. "Oh my god are you guys like a couple???!!" Steven said. "No- No, I don't know. We just kissed a few times.." Belly said.

"Just a fe., wait wait wait- What about Conrad?" Steven asked. "What about him??"

"Uh I don't know maybe the fact that you've been goo-goo gaga over him since you were ten??" Steven said and Belly rolled her eyes, "Well i'm not 10 anymore"

"Yeah not far from it!"

"Really?? Because.. Shayla's my age which makes her a kid too, and that makes you a dirtbag. Oh and you know who else is my age? Taylor. You hypocrite" Belly said.

"Yeah ok ok ok.. Okay I get it. I ju- I just don't want things to get all screwed up. All right? come on, they're like our family, Belly. This affects like way more than just you" Steven said.

"I know. But you don't get a say in who I date. I get to pick.. and I pick Jeremiah. You're just gonna have to trust me" Belly said before getting into her car and Steven going inside. I sighed, and went over to Conrad's car, waiting for him.

-

We pulled up into the ball in the limo. I was standing in front of the doors with Jeremiah and Mom, waiting for Conrad and Susannah.

When they walked in, Susannah looked absolutely amazing. So did my mom.

Susannah wore a black dress with her hair half-up and half-down. Mom wore a nice long red dress with her hair slicked back in a bun. I wore a silky dark green dress with my black hair curled. I had natural make-up with lip gloss.

"Look at us" Susannah smiled. "It's perfect" Her voice wavered. "Mom, you're not gonna cry are you?" Jeremiah joked.

"And ruin my make up? No way." Everyone laughed softly. Steven walked up to us, "It's just.. Everything's gonna be different next year. Conrad's going off the college. It may be the last summer we're all together!" She laughed and mom looked at her, I saw something in her eyes.